C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

[Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value

Old 07-19-2002, 04:54 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,862 Likes on 1,080 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Default [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value

What would a Callaway TT hood in mint condition be worth? The one I'm referring to is the hood with the twin scoops,not naca ducts. I plan on selling the one off the Callaway I'm purchasing and replace it with a Toledo Pro 2 3/4" cowl induction hood like the one on my old ZR-1.
Clint
Old 07-19-2002, 09:10 PM
Stan A
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value (USAZR1)

Hi Clint,

Call Joanne at Callaway or email her and ask what used hood would run from them. Afterwoods, reduce the price by 1/3 and that should be in the ballpark.

If you have no luck, let me know. I'll follow up for you.
Stan
Old 07-19-2002, 09:48 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Clint, youre getting a Callaway???? can you give more info? Is it a turbo car? Cause the hood on those is a functional ram air to cool the intercoolers.

if its not a turbo I have a feeling I know what car youre talking about. Seeing that you are the LT5 registry guy :D :cheers:
Old 07-19-2002, 11:33 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Default Re: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value (SurfnSun)

Clint, youre getting a Callaway???? can you give more info? Is it a turbo car? Cause the hood on those is a functional ram air to cool the intercoolers.

if its not a turbo I have a feeling I know what car youre talking about. Seeing that you are the LT5 registry guy :D :cheers:
...and I had high hopes Clint was coming over to the dark side!!! :lol:
Clint, feel free to contact me regarding your purchase and the Callaway Reunion at Corvettes@Carlisle
tnx :cheers:
Old 07-20-2002, 09:51 AM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value (*89x2*)

Maybe someday when I hit the lottery,guys. :D The car I'm buying is a 91 ZR-1 with Callaway Aerobody and it has a TT hood with two small scoops. Not the NACA duct hood like most of the TT cars have. What's the deal on that hood,anyway? I've only seen a couple like it. A friend offered me $1K. Is that a reasonable offer? I thought so but that's why I'm asking the experts. :cheers:
Old 07-20-2002, 10:21 AM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,074 Posts

Maybe someday when I hit the lottery,guys. :D The car I'm buying is a 91 ZR-1 with Callaway Aerobody and it has a TT hood with two small scoops. Not the NACA duct hood like most of the TT cars have. What's the deal on that hood,anyway? I've only seen a couple like it. A friend offered me $1K. Is that a reasonable offer? I thought so but that's why I'm asking the experts. :cheers:
Clint, A little TT hood history... the 87 TT's were the only year w/ the NACA ducts on the hood. in 88 the cars got a "flat hood" modified underneath for intercooler ducts. That was the deal until some point in 90 when it seems cars started getting the "blisters" inserted onto the tops of the hoods. The 91's if aerobody or not got hood blisters it seems.
Now, I have seen a couple 87's w/ flat hoods however, these were "direct conversion" cars and done after the initial run of 184 cars in 87 and, I have seen blisters on cars that were made before 90... once again, "direct conversion" so far has been the case.
What is your hood worth :confused: I would agree w/ calling (Ted Rice at) Callaway Cars and asking him what the part is new, adding costs for installation and then taking into account it is a used part, derrive your price. :cheers:
Old 07-20-2002, 10:39 AM
91mongoose
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A friend offered me $1K. Is that a reasonable offer? I thought so but that's why I'm asking the experts. :cheers:
I paid $750 for the carbon fiber hood I just bought if that helps...
Old 07-20-2002, 10:47 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Default Re: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value (91mongoose)

Being that the car isn't a turbo, the scoops are essentially non-functional. Back in the day you could buy the exact same scoop from ecklers. My guess would be the hood is worth the same as any other used C4 hood in good condition.
Old 07-21-2002, 02:00 AM
90Callaway
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Technically there is no such thing as a "Callaway Twin Turbo hood". It is a stock Corvette hood that gets two holes hacked in it for the "blisters" (a.k.a. small intercooler scoops). If it was a TT car there would be ducting underneath to the top of the intercoolers. What's it worth? To someone who wants a stock hood probably not much since it's got two holes in it. To someone who needs a hood and wants it with the Callaway scoops, probably about the same as a used stock hood. If you have a friend that wants to pay a grand for it I'd take it and run.
Old 07-21-2002, 06:24 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Default Re: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value (90Callaway)

Thanks for the info,guys. The fella wanting the hood is a very good friend so I will make him a decent deal on it.

Get notified of new replies

To [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Callaway] Twin Turbo hood value