Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai

Old 11-28-2013, 07:52 AM
amero11
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai

Let me start out by saying I do not live state side, I live in Dubai. There is one dealership authorized by GM in Dubai called Al Ghandi Motors, in short they are useless.

I put a deposit down in January 2013 not knowing the price, theexcitement of seeing the reveal at Detroit got me down to the dealers and I was número uno in Dubai to put my money on the car. By the way the quoted price is $90,000

As soon as the options started leaking I was following up with the dealership and was ensured they would not order the vehicle without confirming with me first. Great I thought.

In may 2013 they called me to come in and only asked me to select the color, only the color exterior and interior. I choose laguna blue with black interior, but what about everything else? They told me don't worry we will call you in June to choose the rest.

It turned out to be a bunch of BS, come June I was following up on a weekly basis I kept emphasizing all the carbon fiber options. Finally at the end of September 2013 the salesman said you know what come in and you can choose what options you want. Excited I choose my options! Only to be called the following day and told the purchasing department have already ordered the car, the salesman sent me an email with the GM workbench order GQQ629 the status being 1100.

Notable options not included for me were the visible carbon fiber roof, carbon interior not included. By the way at this point I had also made up my mind that on confirmation I would change the interior to red.

Okay not a huge deal the car was due to arrive end of November, and since the order status was 1100 surely the roof could be changed at least, the answer was no because the car is in production, BS BS BS.

Please keep in mind the quoted price of $90,000 which is way above the price in the USA. The least I'd expect for this kind of money is good customer service.

So since the roof couldn't be changed, no carbon interior ( which in my opinion is required, i have seen both with and without, and without I'm sorry but it cheapens the car, and for a car that I'm spending 90k on well I don't want it looking cheap) I decided to sell my número UNO spot to someone else who wants the car, they were wiling to pay $5k above what i had put down as a deposit, dealer told me it was not allowed also no refunds on the deposit, I get the feeling the dealer could put money in there back pocket if I end up not taking the car as the waiting list is so long.

After meeting with the dealerships GM the sales guy was asked to follow up on the car, to my surprise he sent me a new option sheet for the order that now included both the carbon interior and visible carbon roof, but now was missing the ttv exterior carbon package for spoiler and wing mirrors. Strange given that he told me the order could not be changed???? I asked them to include the carbon ttv package, then but to my surprise they reverted back to me today saying it wasn't possible.

My main question to them is this the same car, same order as before. Given the option changes, plus the delayed timeframe. They have yet to give me the workbench number and order status.

Can someone help as we are unable to check the tracking system online from outside the states.

The order number is GQQ629.

Sorry to whine but seriously this whole thing has put me off, as I will have to deal with them after sales as well in order to not void the warranty. I hate being lied to, especially when I'm spending hard earned $ on something I was soo excited about having.

For 90 k I could get a Carrera or top of the line cayman at Porsche with personalized touches and way better customer service. Seriously this thing is making me reconsider my options.
Old 11-28-2013, 08:06 AM
TacDoc
Racer

Order one from from Rick Conti. He can have it shipped to you anywhere in the world for under $90 total. Just be sure to get it made to Dubai specs...
Old 11-28-2013, 08:12 AM
Glen e
Race Director

Received 907 Likes on 473 Posts
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by TacDoc
Order one from from Rick Conti. He can have it shipped to you anywhere in the world for under $90 total. Just be sure to get it made to Dubai specs...

umm no...chev has clamped down on export....dealers got a letter....
Old 11-28-2013, 09:25 AM
~Stingray
Le Mans Master

Received 398 Likes on 264 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17, '19

I demand for my money back. These guys are literately trying to make things difficult. And if there is a problem with the car when it arrives or needs servicing, just imagine how they will treat you when they already have your money.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:33 AM
Seapar
Racer

I don't think the exterior carbon details (mirrors, spoiler) is real carbon fiber just paint. You could always order aftermarket for those other items. Hopefully the status is 2000 and above by now. If you can get the exposed carbon roof and interior trim that would be more important IMO

Last edited by Seapar; 11-28-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 11:37 AM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

just have somebody here[chicago area] find the car you want,you pay for it and it can be shipped out of ''o'hare '' airport/freight straight to you,and it might be considered a used car then too,ive had offshore boats shipped to your area on 747 cargo planes [they get their in 2-3 days]
Old 11-28-2013, 01:42 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Have you thought about relocating to North Dakota?
Old 11-29-2013, 12:46 PM
toddrichards
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry OP theres no way your ordering a C7 from the states and having it shipped to you. Your best option is to talk to a dealer and have them get you a "used" one from auction. "used" meaning it was already titled with no miles. You will have to be flexiable on options as there are only a hand full of cars going though each week.
Old 11-29-2013, 01:24 PM
Atticus Alan
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Have you thought about relocating to North Dakota?
Hahah! Hilarious!
Old 11-29-2013, 04:01 PM
amero11
2nd Gear

Thanks for the suggestions but as ~Stingray has mentioned the thought of receiving the car and then having to wait for parts may be a nightmare. Looks like I'm going to get the car the car and then sell it. I know there's a long waiting list and these guys at the dealer will sell the car to the highest bidder, I'm not Gona let that happen as a matter of principal.

Could anyone help with the order status though? Order number is GQQ629 they have delayed the car three times so far from end of October to end of november now they are saying end of December or maybe January. No clear answer.

Is there any GM staff that can check workbench and give me the order status, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:35 PM
speedlink
Safety Car

Received 599 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by amero11
Thanks for the suggestions but as ~Stingray has mentioned the thought of receiving the car and then having to wait for parts may be a nightmare. Looks like I'm going to get the car the car and then sell it. I know there's a long waiting list and these guys at the dealer will sell the car to the highest bidder, I'm not Gona let that happen as a matter of principal.

Could anyone help with the order status though? Order number is GQQ629 they have delayed the car three times so far from end of October to end of november now they are saying end of December or maybe January. No clear answer.

Is there any GM staff that can check workbench and give me the order status, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
Ask the dealer if he even has an allocation. If your order status is still at 1100 he may not. Also, at the 1100 order status, you can still change anything you want.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:40 PM
sotirisf
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dmaxx3500
just have somebody here[chicago area] find the car you want,you pay for it and it can be shipped out of ''o'hare '' airport/freight straight to you,and it might be considered a used car then too,ive had offshore boats shipped to your area on 747 cargo planes [they get their in 2-3 days]
I agree- have someone you can trust order you a car here stateside, and all you must comply with is having the paperwork in order (title) and then ship to your location.
Simply there is absolutely no reason to deal with your situation.
There are cars right now to be had that dealers will gladly sell and title to you at MSRP (maybe even slightly under) and you can tell your current dealer to go sell camels.
Old 11-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Seapar
Racer

I believe customer service could not check orders from Canada. A similar situation could occur with Dubai. The OP could ask Kelly J what Chevy customer service could do. The #1 sticky on this C7 forum. Good luck
Old 11-29-2013, 04:59 PM
mark1107
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

It seems part of what is happening are certain items are on constraint for ALL C7s anywhere and it seems like the dealer is trying to get the car and make sale and that means taking certain carbon fiber out of the order. I can't believe all of these replies no one has mentioned most carbon fiber stuff is on constraint? Come on people big picture. So it seems like the dealer wants the car made and GM is tying up a lot of people's hands with the constraints. Considering they are the only dealer in your part of the world I would be a little more understanding and work with them...
Old 11-29-2013, 05:11 PM
harlold
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

If you are paying cash, setup an LLC in the states. Have company buy the car and ship it to yourself.

Now, warranty work is a problem, but you'll get the car...
Old 11-29-2013, 08:37 PM
sotirisf
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by harlold
If you are paying cash, setup an LLC in the states. Have company buy the car and ship it to yourself.

Now, warranty work is a problem, but you'll get the car...
great idea.
warranty work might be a problem, if its really serious, just ship the car back stateside and let dealer here handle it.
With the premium he's paying to have it there, he should save the money and buy it here and roll the dice.
If the car is a real problem car he can always ship it stateside and sell.
I did that in the 90's with my cars in Europe. I had MB and BMW, bought them through the European delivery kept US spec cars there and shipped them back here when I wanted to change cars, sold or traded them in for newer cars.
Old 11-29-2013, 10:09 PM
Cruiter
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On order: Torch Red Z51

Some dealer there got one. There were photos around of a yellow one in your fire department livery.
Originally Posted by amero11

Thanks.

Get notified of new replies

To Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai

Old 11-30-2013, 09:18 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

parts can be bought here[u.s.a.] too,ive bought offshore boat engine and other parts and boxed-up and shipped the to the UAE for the past 25+ years,FEDEx/UPS all can get you anything in 2-7 days
Old 12-01-2013, 12:29 AM
PaulB
Melting Slicks

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

When I get a car I get what I want, nothing else will do. I suggest just reordering the Corvette with the options you want. Good Luck ...
Old 12-01-2013, 02:49 AM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

cliffs....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help!! Dealer is ripping me off, big time. Dubai