C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Old 11-12-2013, 05:38 PM
BenDiem
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Default C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Well boys,

I took my '13 C6 to my local dealership for its final oil/filter/clutch fluid change b/4 old winter finally arrives...

When I dropped my C6 off at the dealership, there was a brand new C7parked right next to my car. At first, I thought, the C7 is a pretty nice car, but I prefer the looks of my C6.

A few hours later, I arrived at the dealership to pick up my newly serviced C6. Again, the new black C7 was parked next to my C6. It was at this moment (my second in-person view of the new C7) that the C7 started looking pretty good, to pretty damn good!

I stared at each car for several minutes, and I could not believe what I was thinking. The C6 is already beginning to look dated next to the
C7. I never thought I would think/say this, so close to the new C7 introduction.

The large exhausts coming from the center look awesome. The front headlights look great and the entire car looks muscular and chiseled. I will say that the rear lights are starting to grow on me, but just a little bit. I still prefer rounder tail lights but the overall car looks stunning. The interior is a win!

I left the dealership noting that I look forward to the new C7 ZR1 or Z06

I'm generally a traditionalist, but the new C7 is a winner. It took two live views of the C7 for me to draw this conclusion...

I love my C6, but the new C7 in the flesh looks much better than in pictures...

The new C7 (ZR1 or Z06) is definitely in my future plans...

Well done Chevrolet!
Old 11-12-2013, 06:03 PM
96GS#007
Tech Contributor

Received 1,673 Likes on 1,026 Posts

waiting for the haters (on both sides) to show up
Old 11-12-2013, 06:10 PM
Homer3D
Melting Slicks

Received 133 Likes on 114 Posts

No hate here but after seeing the C7 in person a couple of times I felt something “missing”. Then I had my 2013 GS right next to one and it hit me. The narrow body was throwing me off. There is something about the wide body of the GS (or Z06, ZR1) that makes the Corvette look "meaner”. No disrespect to those that have the narrow body, just my own opinion. Now if/when the wide body version of the C7 comes up maybe I will start to lean towards the C7. But for now, I will stick with my 2013 GS.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:32 PM
x88
Drifting

Received 73 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
No hate here but after seeing the C7 in person a couple of times I felt something “missing”. Then I had my 2013 GS right next to one and it hit me. The narrow body was throwing me off. There is something about the wide body of the GS (or Z06, ZR1) that makes the Corvette look "meaner”. No disrespect to those that have the narrow body, just my own opinion. Now if/when the wide body version of the C7 comes up maybe I will start to lean towards the C7. But for now, I will stick with my 2013 GS.
Sums out exactly how I feel! Looking forward to the widebody
Old 11-12-2013, 06:34 PM
mundo
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The C7 is nice but has some weird looks.
1. Saw one in front of me. Looks like some Italian job from the rear with a Vette logo.
2. looks like a stretched Nissan 370Z from the side.
3. Looks sort of like a Vette from the front. Like the LED DRLs in the head lights.
Keeping the C6.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:37 PM
fireinv38
Pro

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

the c-7 is an outstanding looking car. i am wondering if there are different grades of seats available. i sat in a red one with red seats and my 2012 grand sport feels more comfortable. just wondering, will stay with my c-6.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:43 PM
Red08
Le Mans Master

Received 1,441 Likes on 780 Posts

I did something similar to what you did, sort of. I attended corvette weekend at Eureka Springs last month. I saw three C7's all together in a parking lot, and spent about 20 minutes looking them over (it was raining). I kept looking back and forth between the C7's and several C6 coupes that were parked close by. I kept thinking how much smoother and sleeker the C6's looked. IMHO, the exterior of the C7 was over-done, as though the team that designed the exterior didn't know when to quit. But I will admit that the interior was very nice.
Does this mean that I "hate" C7's? C'mon, lets get real. I don't HATE any cars, nor do I LOVE any cars. Cars are just that...cars! There are cars that I like and that appeal to me, and those that don't.
I will be keeping my C6.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:44 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Here we go again.......
Old 11-12-2013, 06:46 PM
lordofwar
Melting Slicks

Received 545 Likes on 378 Posts

will wait for a look at a c7 wide body.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:52 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,288 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by Racer
Here we go again.......
Yup. In the wrong forum too. Again.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:54 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Homer3D
Wow you took the words right out of my mouth. Although I did like my '12 coupe when I bought it new, little by little it just didn't appeal to me any more and the wide body looked that much more drastic to me and with the discounts they were giving I couldn't wait to get my hands on a '13 GS and I found one in the color and every option that I wanted and now I couldn't be happier.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:00 PM
DAFFYDRUNK
Melting Slicks

Received 287 Likes on 236 Posts

fyi.. The topic C6 > C7 indicates the C6 is greater...

Saw a C7 at a local dealership last night. It was white with snow on it and I was freezing to death so hard to tell, but it's cool I think. The a$$ end looks a bit too Pontiac Aztek for me though. I think you'll see the 15 with a monochromatic a$$ end , and we'll all be able to tell the 14 because of the black.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:06 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 816 Likes on 385 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

This whole think about the C6 looking dated is just a way to try and see who can get upset. I have a C6, the C7 is a great looking car, but then again so is the C6. Is it dated compared to the C7, well of course it is. The C7 is a complete new design so it will make the last generation look dated, as will the C8 have the same affect on the C7. It has been like that with each generation. With that said, I still think my C6 and all the other C6's are still great looking cars.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:15 PM
bill gsport
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While I like the C7 (but not enough to buy one right now) I continue to realize that it's lost some uniqueness and stand-alone styling. Last week, I glanced at one of the sports car magazines that was testing the C7, Ferrari, and Porsche. At first I thought there were two Vettes on the cover along with a Porsche in the background (where it should be, by the way). Then I realized that it was ONE Vette and ONE Ferrari. Man, were they similar to each other! Then I thought back to the new C4s and how they looked similar (at least in profile) to other cars of the era (Trans Am, Camaro, Datsun Z, to name a few) and how they lost the unique look that the C3 had. We all know what that did for the overall value and popularity of C4s. I hope history isn't repeating itself. Just my thoughts (and I don't mean to offend any new C7 owners or current C4 owners.)
Old 11-12-2013, 07:20 PM
RocketDawg
Le Mans Master

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by DAFFYDRUNK
fyi.. The topic C6 > C7 indicates the C6 is greater...
Yes, definitely ....
Old 11-12-2013, 08:06 PM
b09676
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This whole C6 vs C7 comparison is kinda like the Miss Universe contest I watched the other night. When it got down to th final 4 contestants - OMG, they were all spectacular looking and I couldn't decide.

Same thing with these cars
Old 11-12-2013, 08:20 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 96GS#007
waiting for the haters (on both sides) to show up
I hate the misuse & distortion of a word (hater) for the reason of mischaracterizing and demeaning a person who holds a different view

Originally Posted by bill gsport
While I like the C7 (but not enough to buy one right now) I continue to realize that it's lost some uniqueness and stand-alone styling. Last week, I glanced at one of the sports car magazines that was testing the C7, Ferrari, and Porsche. At first I thought there were two Vettes on the cover along with a Porsche in the background (where it should be, by the way). Then I realized that it was ONE Vette and ONE Ferrari. Man, were they similar to each other! Then I thought back to the new C4s and how they looked similar (at least in profile) to other cars of the era (Trans Am, Camaro, Datsun Z, to name a few) and how they lost the unique look that the C3 had. We all know what that did for the overall value and popularity of C4s. I hope history isn't repeating itself. Just my thoughts (and I don't mean to offend any new C7 owners or current C4 owners.)
I get the idea that many of the younger generation would rather have a car which has the lines of several different cars rather than the unique "stand-alone styling". Ther was a time in America where unique and rugged individualism was a positive trait to be sought after. Now we are told that we must emulate Europe. That's the marketing buzz word now. it's sophisticated. Next decade it may be Asia which is deemed as "sophisticated" And the C8 will look like a mix of NSX, GTR & LFA. Then the C9 will be marketed as the new ground breaking styling, overtly American with "stand-alone styling"

Get notified of new replies

To C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)

Old 11-12-2013, 08:52 PM
su8pack1
Team Owner

Received 49 Likes on 27 Posts
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Old 11-12-2013, 09:17 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,250 Likes on 894 Posts

I love the C7! Badazz car.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:24 PM
hawkgfr
Race Director

Received 1,210 Likes on 822 Posts

The rear of the c7 still look like *** to me after seeing several c7's. I also find it funny all of stickies the c7 forum already has including it's very own TROLL guide lol...

The c6 looks anything but dated...though I love the sound of the c7...

This will always look good.

you can't make this stuff up...

Last edited by hawkgfr; 11-12-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C6 > C7 (Changed my mind)