Sponsored by:

New Magazine test of C7 vs 911

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:39 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VETTE-NV
Classic! Way to put the Porsche **** spin on it. I guess you can rationalize anything if you need to.
No spin. It's just marketing and economics.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:43 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Achmed
Maybe if you wiped the Porsche semen off of you glasses you wouldn't put silly words in my mouth like claiming I "insinuated" that Cayman/Boxter buyers are trying to fool the general public into believing they have a 911, just because I said most people don't know the difference between a Cayman and a 911, in an answer to an unrelated question from you.

I would be very very curious to see how you would score in an LSAT test lol, would be funny to see how low it would be.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

Originally Posted by Notch
No spin. It's just marketing and economics.
I get it. More money than brains.
Attached Images  
Old 08-25-2013, 11:14 PM
Notch
Safety Car

I take it you haven't taken any college level marketing and/or economics courses.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:18 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,431 Likes on 2,268 Posts

Originally Posted by v26278
258 posts about a magazine test that has not even been published yet. Most of which are are a re-hash of previous discussions/debates. I look forward to seeing the actual test results, though no doubt we'll see yet another re-hash of all the above.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Notch
Safety Car

BTW, how do you suppose the people who can afford a +$100k Porsche (or Ferrari, or Aston Martin, or Lamborghini, etc) got their money? Is there a chance they may have used their brains??

Last edited by Notch; 08-25-2013 at 11:25 PM.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:36 PM
gthal
Safety Car

Received 1,170 Likes on 486 Posts

BTW, how do you suppose the people who can afford a +$100k Porsche (or Ferrari, or Aston Martin, or Lamborghini, etc) got their money? Is there a chance they may have used their brains??
Some, yes. Some, dumb luck... right place, right time. Some, plain old hard work. Some from Daddy... maybe the majority
Old 08-25-2013, 11:48 PM
Notch
Safety Car

Originally Posted by gthal
Some, yes. Some, dumb luck... right place, right time. Some, plain old hard work. Some from Daddy... maybe the majority
Right. So one can not classify all people who buy the cars I mentioned as "having more money than brains".
Old 08-26-2013, 12:43 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe if you wiped the Porsche semen off of you glasses you wouldn't put silly words in my mouth like claiming I "insinuated" that Cayman/Boxter buyers are trying to fool the general public into believing they have a 911, just because I said most people don't know the difference between a Cayman and a 911, in an answer to an unrelated question from you.

I would be very very curious to see how you would score in an LSAT test lol, would be funny to see how low it would be.
So then tell me how a $60k Cayman is conferred higher status than a $120k ZR1, if not for the ignorance of the masses in thinking it's a 911? The prestige or status (your #1 reason for purchase for "a majority" of Porsche buyers, remember) is clearly linked to and dependent on the 911.

Considering you couldn't even keep track of the question you asked me in the other thread, and your poor comprehension here, I'd say you were in no position to be making snide comments about test scores.

Achmed, you didn't answer:
"What do you suppose the C6 Z06's target demographic income was?
Are you telling me there is no difference between the median income of a Corvette buyer vs one who buys a Bugatti Veyron?
When you eat out at a restaurant, do you choose only between budget fast food chains like McDonald's, BK, DQ, Taco Bell, etc? You've never, ever paid for a personal meal that costs over $10?"
Old 08-26-2013, 12:50 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skank
Guibo, You do know what material specification stands for don't you? I hope you understand that.
I understand that material specifications can vary from one manufacturer to the next, even if the same supplier is used. I hope you can understand that there is a world of difference between an Audi A3 vs a Bugatti Veyron, even if the same supplier is used. (If you cannot see the difference, then be so transparent as to say so.)
You are quite sure Corvette components are made in the same way? Perhaps they are, but the onus is on you to show it.

And please don't think no one is catching you move the goal post from "They [Draexlmaeir] fabricate and install all subcomponent systems for both cars" now toward one of "material specification."

Last edited by Guibo; 08-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:24 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Guibo
So then tell me how a $60k Cayman is conferred higher status than a $120k ZR1, if not for the ignorance of the masses in thinking it's a 911? The prestige or status (your #1 reason for purchase for "a majority" of Porsche buyers, remember) is clearly linked to and dependent on the 911.

Considering you couldn't even keep track of the question you asked me in the other thread, and your poor comprehension here, I'd say you were in no position to be making snide comments about test scores.

Achmed, you didn't answer:
"What do you suppose the C6 Z06's target demographic income was?
Are you telling me there is no difference between the median income of a Corvette buyer vs one who buys a Bugatti Veyron?
When you eat out at a restaurant, do you choose only between budget fast food chains like McDonald's, BK, DQ, Taco Bell, etc? You've never, ever paid for a personal meal that costs over $10?"
You can keep asking those questions all you want, re-bold them, etc. but I tend not to answer stupid questions, so don't hold your breath for a reply.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:48 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

You can keep asking those questions all you want, re-bold them, etc. but I tend not to answer stupid questions, so don't hold your breath for a reply.
Those are not stupid questions. GM, in its promotional material for the C6Z, even published their target figure. You seem to be an expert on median Corvette buyer incomes. Give me the figure.
So you have never, ever spent more than $10 on a personal meal in a restaurant. Got it. I could be wrong, but I think the average new Corvette buyer, making the median $87k a year (comfortably in excess of the national median) probably has a different sense of value than you do.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 AM
skank
Melting Slicks

Received 1,152 Likes on 514 Posts

First off Notch, please post the 7:18 video of the 911 GT2 RS at the ring. We'll all wait. You keep blowing that 7:18 BS even though Porsche never ran it or video verified it like Corvette did with their 7:19.63. Guibo, did you actually read Draxlmaier web site or are you still in denial as well over the interior quality of the C7.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:07 AM
Achmed
Drifting

Those are not stupid questions. GM, in its promotional material for the C6Z, even published their target figure. You seem to be an expert on median Corvette buyer incomes. Give me the figure.
So you have never, ever spent more than $10 on a personal meal in a restaurant. Got it. I could be wrong, but I think the average new Corvette buyer, making the median $87k a year (comfortably in excess of the national median) probably has a different sense of value than you do.
lol, I just said earlier that I won't reply to these dumb questions and what do you do, spend more time re-typing them
Old 08-26-2013, 02:17 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by skank
Guibo, did you actually read Draxlmaier web site or are you still in denial as well over the interior quality of the C7.
I did look at the website. Nowhere does it say they "fabricate and install all subcomponent systems" for both the Corvette and 911. The video I posted clearly shows Porsche personnel fabricating the leather-covered dash for the 911 in Porsche's own in-house upholstery department. I have eyes enough to see there are details of the 911 interior that the Corvette doesn't seem to even want to address. And that's before you dip into the Porsche Exclusive catalog which is far and away more extensive than anything you will find from any GM product (premium brand Cadillac included).
It is the same for a Veyron vs an Audi A3. You seriously can't tell the difference in design and materials between them?
I'll tell you what else I've read: Independent reviews which say the C7's quality, while greatly improved over the C6, isn't up to par with Porsche. There are also reports from current and prospective Corvette buyers who agree with those assessments.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:22 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

lol, I just said earlier that I won't reply to these dumb questions and what do you do, spend more time re-typing them
You claim these are dumb questions, yet GM made it very clear to their dealers with this promotional material that targeting a certain income demographic is not dumb. It sounds like you think you know more about what is important in product development and marketing than GM themselves.
Achmed, it's OK if your financial situation doesn't allow you to spend more than $10 on a meal. I'm not judging you on that. Just trying to get a better sense of your idea of "value," since it seems it's very possible your sense is quite different from someone making $87k/yr. Am I wrong to think that that is the case?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:34 AM
Achmed
Drifting

You claim these are dumb questions, yet GM made it very clear to their dealers with this promotional material that targeting a certain income demographic is not dumb. It sounds like you think you know more about what is important in product development and marketing than GM themselves.
Achmed, it's OK if your financial situation doesn't allow you to spend more than $10 on a meal. I'm not judging you on that. Just trying to get a better sense of your idea of "value," since it seems it's very possible your sense is quite different from someone making $87k/yr. Am I wrong to think that that is the case?
there you go again
Attached Images  

Get notified of new replies

To New Magazine test of C7 vs 911

Old 08-26-2013, 02:55 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Achmed, why is it so hard for you to admit that you've spent more than $10 on a meal?
Old 08-26-2013, 03:11 AM
SD1
Burning Brakes

Received 343 Likes on 170 Posts

I dont care what the tests say. If "I" dont like it, it could put a satellite in orbit and I wouldnt buy it.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 AM
VETTE-NV
16 Vettes and counting…..
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,141 Likes on 540 Posts

If history has shown us anything, it's that you don't necessarily need brains to make plenty of money. However, if you take it as a badge of honor that you gave your money (whether hard earned or not) to a company that charges too much for their product, and seems to be proud of the fact, then most assuredly you are a moron.

Bravo to Porsche for being so profitable and for creating some of the best BS marketing in automotive history. If you feel comfortable about lining their pockets with your money, more power to ya.....but I wouldn't brag about it.

Quick Reply: New Magazine test of C7 vs 911