C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

How difficult ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:39 PM
54-4-9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How difficult ?

Not sure if this was covered in previous threads or not, I searched and didn't find anything. I'm in the market for an original factory sidepipe coupe and am finding that is a rather difficult option to find. I really like the appearance of the sidepipe cars and have read all the threads on pro/cons. There are plenty of cars that have sidepipes added and am beginning to think this may be my best option. My question is, if in the future I wanted to take the sidepipes off (maybe to loud or get involved with flight judging) how difficult is that to do ? I have the LICS catalogue and it looks like all pieces are readily available, rocker bracket, rocker moulding and hardware, fender tips and lower rear filler panel. So bodywork, paint and welding, not a simple task I understand but would like to hear any comments or suggestions. This forum has been a great resource in my search and I would like to thank you all in advance.
Old 08-19-2013, 05:00 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

It's a LOT more work converting a sidepipe car back to undercar exhaust than installing the sidepipes on an undercar exhaust car, depending on how the rocker molding brackets were handled (cut off or bent back), how the fender and quarter tip cuts were done, 'glass work and paint, rear exhaust panel, etc.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:57 PM
54-4-9
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply John. I figured it wasn't going to be easy. I will continue to search for a factory sidepipe car.

Get notified of new replies

To How difficult ?

Quick Reply: How difficult ?