C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why do people insist on parking next to me even if I park far away??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 04:47 PM
steveb601
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SEVINN
Once you realize you are only driving a car and stop parking way out in the middle of nowhere, people will leave your car alone. When you park like you think you're something special, you end up getting targeted.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:51 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,246 Likes on 705 Posts

Once you realize you are only driving a car and stop parking way out in the middle of nowhere, people will leave your car alone. When you park like you think you're something special, you end up getting targeted.
How is parking way out back, using one spot, acting like you're special. I do the same thing when I drive my Ford Ranger. Too many inconsiderate people out there who have no respect for others property...
Old 06-29-2013, 04:55 PM
Steve_R
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,289 Likes on 1,399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by R&L's C6
It happens all the time. We stopped at a Mcdonalds and parked way out back and came out to find this.....

Attachment 47728573

It was pulled by an old lady who had to go out of her way to put it there...
Did you leave a note on it calling her a jerk? I mean, the nerve to park anything anywhere near your Vette.

It's amazing to me how many people call others nasty names because they park near your car and cause no damage. It's no wonder Vette owners have a bad image for many people.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Corvette Junkie
Night Race Blue 427
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Muncie, Indiana ...... Can I buy an amplifier on time ... I ani't got no money now but I'll pay you before I die
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I never did park way out. It just make stand out. Now that I qualify for handicap parking I love those wide spaces.
Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,246 Likes on 705 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve_R
Did you leave a note on it calling her a jerk? I mean, the nerve to park anything anywhere near your Vette.

It's amazing to me how many people call others nasty names because they park near your car and cause no damage. It's no wonder Vette owners have a bad image for many people.
We busted out laughing. It was just so strange. She had to go past the front door all the way to the back of the lot to put it there.

I guess she didn't want any door dings on her wagon..
Old 06-29-2013, 05:03 PM
sevinn
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 189 Likes on 175 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14, '16

How is parking way out back, using one spot, acting like you're special. I do the same thing when I drive my Ford Ranger. Too many inconsiderate people out there who have no respect for others property...
I feel like that's what people think when they see the car way out by itself, and the number of posts about this kind of issue on this forum make me think that cars parked as such are targeted.

As a contrast, the number of posts I read about people parking in the middle having any trouble are far fewer.

Personally I like to park next to the buggy returns that no one ever use since they allow you to park way off to the side of a parking spot and I have never had any trouble.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:04 PM
GMJim
Drifting

Received 230 Likes on 152 Posts

Why would they think you're special when all you want to do is avoid some clown bouncing his door off of your car?
Old 06-29-2013, 05:12 PM
GuyFromLeMans
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GMJim
Why would they think you're special when all you want to do is avoid some clown bouncing his door off of your car?
Or some dumb kid kicking mom's door open against your car while working on his type 2 diabetes with an ice cream....
Happens all the time at the grocery store. And of course, mom won't leave a note with her contact info, that would be too civilized.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:14 PM
red2012
Safety Car

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

That's why in my car I have a handicap permit, NYPD captains parking plaque and a NYS court officers union representative parking plaque. Park wherever I want when I want. Don't bother to flame me because I don't care. My connections my privileges.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:49 PM
(413) Grand Sport
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same thing happened to me at Costco. We ended being friends after that lol

Old 06-29-2013, 05:55 PM
AV8TOR536
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I ALWAYS park out in the north 40 and DOUBLE park.
People are IGNORANT and do not respect others propertys and until the learn that..I will continue to DOUBLE park!
By the way..I ALSO park my 06 pickup this way...and after having it since new not one door ding from the IGNORANT!

Last edited by AV8TOR536; 06-29-2013 at 06:01 PM. Reason: add
Old 06-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Hajie c6
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The person park next to you because that is as close they can get to a vet
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM
Rich Mickol
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 225 Likes on 196 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

He got mad because you took his usual spot.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM
J Vette
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by GuyFromLeMans
Because I am interested in the Human species, I think I would have waited for the Honda owner to come out of the store and asked him / her: "I'm working on an essay on social behavior,would you mind telling me what thought process went through your brain that prompted you to park your car a foot away from mine, and 15 spaces away from any other car?"

Life is short, not worth a blood pressure boost, but inquiring minds want to know.

Some strange and puzzling specimen out there to put it mildly.
Normally I might have done that because I am curious as to what makes someone do what they did. But as I said, I was feeling bad and had been for a couple days. Thus my irritation.

Did you read my post before responding? Doesn't appear that you have. Or maybe you are short and don't have to twist your body in odd ways to get in and therefore don't understand the challenge. I am 6'-2". I don't just sit down and slide in. I have to do some contortions just to get my head in the car. Then I have to get a set of long legs and size 13 feet in there too. I'm 62 yrs old and don't have the flexibility I once had. One reason I like to park away from others is to make it easier to get into.

The other reason is that though its only "a car", I try to take good care of my things. Maybe you weren't taught to do so or maybe you just don't care. Or maybe you have enough $$$ so you can just get another one. Whatever the case, I will not apologize for taking steps to keep my things in good shape.

Originally Posted by Steve_R

Well, I did say I felt some remorse about that later. But I didn't say it was a her. I believe I wrote him/her because I didn't know the gender.
I'm sure you (and some others here) are always perfect gentlemen and always kind and understanding.....well, except of those writing posts with which you disagree,
Now, If I'm ever alone in a waiting room with seating for 100 and someone comes in and sits right next to me, I'll know it's you or one of the other perfect people on this thread who are so quick to throw stones.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:56 PM
crusher1
Burning Brakes

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts

Bingo!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

The jerk note was way to kind IMO....F'n a$$ hole is more my style.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Iconic
Miller Time Wisconsin 🍺

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,440 Likes on 940 Posts
2022 C7 of the Year Finalist - Modified
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2018 C7 of Year Winner
2017 C7 of Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22

I have personaly owned and driven many winter beater jalopys in my younger days and never once ever purposely sought out a high end sportscar parked way out at the far end of the lot and parked next to it.

That is just me, a middle class working stiff who has never resented wealthy people who have nice chit.

As it turns out after busting my *** my entire life I am probably now deemed by others as a rich man since I own a new GS.

I am responding here to say that I firmly believe this country has transformed into 50% who produce and 50% who suck the ***** of the producers. I am parlaying my thoughts as fully understanding where the OP iscoming from (short of leaving a nastygram on the window when there was now damage).

I saw this same thread here months ago about a gent with a vette park at a hhardware store way out by himself alone and he walked all the way across the lot and just before he entered the store he turned back to look at his car he saw some young punks purposely park next to him, doors slammed open making contact with the vette, and the kids laughing about it. The poster said he didn't react or encounter these punks but instead walked into the store and bough a huge spike and hammer. He said he left a hand written note on the hood of said ricer. Secured right through the middle of the hood with the spike hammered through it. I smiled when I read that story.

The jist of the OPs post is he and many of us have here understand respecting other people and their property and we simpley do not understand the opposite mentality of the useless non producer **** sucker and why it is they think the way they do.

Get notified of new replies

To Why do people insist on parking next to me even if I park far away??

Old 06-29-2013, 07:16 PM
pokerpro
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 387 Likes on 219 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by US Icon
I have personaly owned and driven many winter beater jalopys in my younger days and never once ever purposely sought out a high end sportscar parked way out at the far end of the lot and parked next to it.

That is just me, a middle class working stiff who has never resented wealthy people who have nice chit.

As it turns out after busting my *** my entire life I am probably now deemed by others as a rich man since I own a new GS.

I am responding here to say that I firmly believe this country has transformed into 50% who produce and 50% who suck the ***** of the producers. I am parlaying my thoughts as fully understanding where the OP iscoming from (short of leaving a nastygram on the window when there was now damage).

I saw this same thread here months ago about a gent with a vette park at a hhardware store way out by himself alone and he walked all the way across the lot and just before he entered the store he turned back to look at his car he saw some young punks purposely park next to him, doors slammed open making contact with the vette, and the kids laughing about it. The poster said he didn't react or encounter these punks but instead walked into the store and bough a huge spike and hammer. He said he left a hand written note on the hood of said ricer. Secured right through the middle of the hood with the spike hammered through it. I smiled when I read that story.

The jist of the OPs post is he and many of us have here understand respecting other people and their property and we simpley do not understand the opposite mentality of the useless non producer **** sucker and why it is they think the way they do.

If that were my Vette that he slammed his door against you can etch it in stone that I would be writing this thread from prison!
Old 06-29-2013, 07:18 PM
billyboy47
Race Director

Received 219 Likes on 176 Posts
St. Jude Donor '17

last week i went to applebees and parked in the back lot, no one around. i come out an hour later, there is an old oldsmobile parked next to me. what burns my a$$, we were the only two back there. now i ask, WHY? do people do this just to pi$$ us off? i checked for any damage on my passenger side, didn't see any and drove off in a pi$$'d off mood.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Bat Man
Team Owner

Received 32 Likes on 8 Posts

There are two reasons

1) collectivism. People tend to do what others do and so they will park next to people just out of nature/instinct

2) he wanted to protect his car by parking next to you

Quick Reply: Why do people insist on parking next to me even if I park far away??