C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

replica z06 Centercaps?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:53 PM
cabarkeep
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replica z06 Centercaps?

Yes I have searched all over but didnt see a consensus ... where is the best place to buy the Centercaps for my wheels? I have a set of replicas in chrome that is missing one centercap? I looked everywhere but I could not find any markings for a make/manufacturer of the rim?

fronts are 18 and rears are 19

Any help would be appreciated

These obviously have decals .. is this the norm or what? I called a local chevy store and you would have thought I was asking a physics question when i asked if they had chrome z06 wheels centercaps and sent him pics .. total confusion lol

Help guys!

Thanks in advance

Old 02-04-2013, 12:55 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

i lost one of the decals (yes they are decals) and ordered it through a vendor on this site.

i cant verify since the pic in the part diagram isnt very clear, but there are these...
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...icleid=1446648
Old 02-04-2013, 01:00 AM
cabarkeep
Instructor

Originally Posted by ChevyDave
i lost one of the decals (yes they are decals) and ordered it through a vendor on this site.

i cant verify since the pic in the part diagram isnt very clear, but there are these...
http://store.gmpartshouse.com/parts/...icleid=1446648

are they all the same size or do I have to worry about different sizes? The guy at the chevy store acted like there were about 10 different size caps depending on something i was not aware of ... thank you for the link!

Last edited by cabarkeep; 02-04-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:13 AM
ChevyDave
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by cabarkeep
are they all the same size or do I have to worry about different sizes? The guy at the chevy store acted like there were about 10 different size caps depending on something i was not aware of ... thank you for the link!
i think the gm part number for chrome center caps is... 9597834 thats all the info i have, i have no other knowlege

you could verify it with a dealership i suppose. my prior post shows the different metals of the caps
Old 02-04-2013, 01:15 AM
cabarkeep
Instructor

Thanks ChevyDave
Old 02-04-2013, 08:46 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

The GM center caps are not the same as what you have. The ones that you have are from Factory Reproductions. Bob's House of Wheels is a dealer and a Forum vendor, he has them. You may also contact Factory Reproductions customer service department and they may send you one at no charge like they did for me once. You should use some silicone sealent to "glue" them on the the wheel from the back side so you won't loose them, that is what I do.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:17 AM
cabarkeep
Instructor

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
The GM center caps are not the same as what you have. The ones that you have are from Factory Reproductions. Bob's House of Wheels is a dealer and a Forum vendor, he has them. You may also contact Factory Reproductions customer service department and they may send you one at no charge like they did for me once. You should use some silicone sealent to "glue" them on the the wheel from the back side so you won't loose them, that is what I do.

awesome thanks for the heads up ... i will try calling them tomorrow!
Old 02-05-2013, 09:13 AM
forg0tmypen
Safety Car

Received 45 Likes on 10 Posts

As others have said, be careful with purchasing OEM center caps. They most likely wont fit. Ive had the same issue but in my case, I sold all 4 of my reproduction center caps on ebay...thinking I would just go buy OEM ones....yea...Bob at House of Wheels bailed me out there...lesson learned. Good luck.

Get notified of new replies

To replica z06 Centercaps?

Quick Reply: replica z06 Centercaps?