C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Need Emissions Code Help

Old 01-29-2013, 07:06 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Need Emissions Code Help

Hey everyone. Well, I posted awhile ago that my 96 coupe a4 passed Ca. smog test with flying colors. My question was that about a couple of weeks before the test, my check engine light went on. I didn't get a chance to get the code and just went to get the smog test. These are my numbers: 15mph-rpm1590-CO2=15.2, O2 meas. 0.0, HC meas. 0, CO meas. 0.01, NO meas. 114.

25mph-rpm 1532-C02=15.2, O2 meas. 0.0, HC meas. 0, CO 0.01, NO 109.

I'm sorry I couldn't post the sheet so I hope it's not too confusing. First, I have always believed that a check engine light will fail smog, however, my light had gone on prior to the test and it still passed. Do my numbers look about average or do they look super clean? I'm still not sure if my "people" used a different car for the test. Now, my engine light is still going on. I finally was able to get it scanned today and the reader said," P0443-evaporative emissions system purge control valve circuit". What now. I'm finally getting my FSM next month (thanks wifey) but is there anything I can do now to fix the problem? Any help is appreciated. Remember, I'm not too familiar with the LT1 so make the answers as simple as possible Thanks, Ed.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:51 PM
Phat98
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The FSM states to check the Evap Purge Solenoid...wiring and the solenoid itself. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll post the procedures.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:36 PM
Dr_Shakalu
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thank you for helping me and thanks to everyone else also. Any help to me and my family is deeply cherished. The reason I am truly grateful for any help is because about 5 years ago, I was deployed overseas and the worst part was that I just found out that my 3 year old son was autistic and I was not going to be around to help my wife. People I barely knew helped my family when I was gone and my beautiful, loving wife surprised me with my current vette. Sorry if it went off topic, Ed.

Originally Posted by Phat98
The FSM states to check the Evap Purge Solenoid...wiring and the solenoid itself. If I get a chance tomorrow I'll post the procedures.

Get notified of new replies

To Need Emissions Code Help

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need Emissions Code Help