C7 General Discussion General C7 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..

This is not a hate C7 thread so don't get your panties in a bunch.. My point you ask? I think GM is taking Corvette to up market. It was never meant to be an upscale automobile. It was made to be light fast and fun and AFFORDABLE! I think GM has totally lost focus on what the 1953 concept set out to do. Did it have all the doo dads and gimmicks that Cadillacs had of that era? NOPE. So why have them now? I'm looking over all the crap they are piling on C7 digital screens push button this push button that, and of course LUGGAGE!! LUGGAGE seriously? If I want a go fast sports car I can go to Cadillac and buy one with every option known to man and still be able to have a Corvette engine under the hood if I need that sort of thing. If I want a go fast track car with nothing on it but a nice set of seats and a big motor where do I go? Its just not made anymore. GM Give Cadillac there XLR back and give us an AFFORDABLE Corvette thats FAST and a BLAST to drive and I bet no one will notice the video displays the onStar and seat heaters are missing. Lighten it up Lesson the content make it affordable and sell the hell out of it! Thats what the 1953 vision was all about!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:16 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

It's 2013 and GM did what they needed to do to stay innovative and lead again. Order a 1lt and deal with it.

Last edited by BeaZt; 01-18-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:17 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Jet Streaming
This is not a hate C7 thread so don't get your panties in a bunch.. My point you ask? I think GM is taking Corvette to up market. It was never meant to be an upscale automobile. It was made to be light fast and fun and AFFORDABLE! I think GM has totally lost focus on what the 1953 concept set out to do. Did it have all the doo dads and gimmicks that Cadillacs had of that era? NOPE. So why have them now? I'm looking over all the crap they are piling on C7 digital screens push button this push button that, and of course LUGGAGE!! LUGGAGE seriously? If I want a go fast sports car I can go to Cadillac and buy one with every option known to man and still be able to have a Corvette engine under the hood if I need that sort of thing. If I want a go fast track car with nothing on it but a nice set of seats and a big motor where do I go? Its just not made anymore. GM Give Cadillac there XLR back and give us an AFFORDABLE Corvette thats FAST and a BLAST to drive and I bet no one will notice the video displays the onStar and seat heaters are missing. Lighten it up Lesson the content make it affordable and sell the hell out of it! Thats what the 1953 vision was all about!
Your rant is off base IMO. They specifically said if you can afford a C6 you'll be able to afford a C7. Pricing will remain reasonable, but we get more for our dollar. What's wrong with that?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:20 PM
evilmonkey
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

They add the "doo-dads" because that's what a majority of the potential and current customers want, plain and simple. The market for a simple track car is just not large enough to justify putting a car to market.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:21 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by CitznFish
Your rant is off base IMO. They specifically said if you can afford a C6 you'll be able to afford a C7. Pricing will remain reasonable, but we get more for our dollar. What's wrong with that?
Thats not the issue im trying to put forth. Corvette is more or less a Cadillac now. Its totally lost its focus.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 PM
CitznFish
Drifting

Received 1,347 Likes on 481 Posts

Thats not the issue im trying to put forth. Corvette is more or less a Cadillac now. Its totally lost its focus.
So while you might feel that the vette is going upscale, I feel that what constitutes "upscale" has changed and the vette certianly doesn't meet that criteria.

Lane departure warnings?
Radar cruise control?
Infrared camera for night driving?
massaging seats?
etc etc etc
Old 01-18-2013, 02:23 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

DONT BUY ONE OP...its really that simple..but keep posting whatever you do
Old 01-18-2013, 02:25 PM
Cromagnum
Pro

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

If you want a car with less doodads, get you a used C6 in a 1LT package.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:26 PM
Aozora
Burning Brakes

Received 865 Likes on 365 Posts

View Post Today, 02:14
This message is hidden because Jet Streaming is on your ignore list.

God I love ignore.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:27 PM
Larry/car
Race Director

Received 621 Likes on 423 Posts

In 1953 there was not much available that would fit the Corvette. Had side curtains, a six cylinder engine and a power glide two speed automatic transmission. Today's regular Chevrolet cars have more base options. If you want a base car to race your in the minority and you will have to take a production car and mod it to your wants.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
BigBadWhitey
Advanced

I thought the doo dads and gimmicks were for the 60 year old age group so theyd continue to feel inclined to buy one, as the heated seats are good for aging muscles and joints?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:28 PM
Paulchristian
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 121 Posts

Am I missing something? Did GM announce a significant price hike? If it is $2k-4k more than the 2013 base C6, and this impacts you, perhaps you should not be buying new. Or you can do the smart thing and buy it used in a year.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 PM
talon90
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 152 Likes on 72 Posts
Tech Contributor
Cruise-In 11 Veteran
NCM Ambassador
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'10

Are you nuts? This car is still the performance bargain of the century and will run circles around competition costing two and three times as much.

Since the C5 the value equation was that it was a $100,000.00 car that you could purchase for less than $50,000.00.

Every bit of that rings true to this day.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Originally Posted by talon90
Are you nuts? This car is still the performance bargain of the century and will run circles around competition costing two and three times as much.

Since the C5 the value equation was that it was a $100,000.00 car that you could purchase for less than $50,000.00.

Every bit of that rings true to this day.
This ^^^

You can spend as much on a Chevy pickup, Camaro or SUV as you can on a Corvette.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:32 PM
DREAMERAK
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14, '16

Guys, don't fall for it, your being baited.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Bill17601
AIR FORCE VETERAN
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 439 Likes on 196 Posts

I know you are an honest guy just giving his opinion. I am sorry you do not like Corvettes direction. I may speak for others, We are going to miss you.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:35 PM
Jet Streaming
Racer

Originally Posted by Paulchristian
Am I missing something? Did GM announce a significant price hike? If it is $2k-4k more than the 2013 base C6, and this impacts you, perhaps you should not be buying new. Or you can do the smart thing and buy it used in a year.
Yea but what if you could have this car 100s of pounds lighter, less all the unnecessary junk for $10K less than it is now? It could be done you know. It would still have the sexy body but your tuckas might be a litte cold without the seat heater. Could you deal with that? I could.

Last edited by Jet Streaming; 01-18-2013 at 02:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..

Old 01-18-2013, 02:37 PM
BuckyThreadkiller
Successful Plumber
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
CF NCM Ambassador
CI 6-7-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10
NCM Member '09

Yea but what if you could have this car 100s of pounds lighter, less all the unnecessary junk for $10K less than it is now? It could be done you know.
Tell me what would you leave off to lose 100lbs.

Power windows? Air conditioning? The 15lbs of Direct Injection hardware?

Carpet?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
Kappa
Melting Slicks

Received 530 Likes on 234 Posts

The Camaro didn't exist in 1953.

Now that the Camaro is reaching into the $60K range at the very top of its line, moving the Corvette upmarket makes sense.

Besides, I think the Corvette engineers have been trying to inch closer to the 911 since the C5. Moving upmarket allows them to spend more money on engineering and higher performance, and with that comes a lot more respect for the Corvette.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:41 PM
BeaZt
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '14

Jet Streaming how often do you track your current vette and how often would you track the C7?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The More I Think Of It The More I Hate The Direction Corvette Is Going In..