C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

TPS Motor Sports

Old 01-10-2013, 11:14 PM
1KUIK7
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPS Motor Sports

I have a very clean 07 Z51 Corvette and it was making some noise in the front suspension.I have a chevy Dealer not to far from my house so I took it to them to check it out.After a day and they had to keep it over night. The next morning they told me I needed a front spring and bushings now these thing's are composit and very expensive!! They told me it would cost 1200.00 on top of the 600.00 I already paid.needless to say I said I don't think so.I called Mike at TPS and asked him if he had one and he said he had a used one and could do the job for 500.00. When I got there they went right to work and come to find out it was not the spring or the bushings just a simple adjusting bolt needed to be replaced, they had one and put it on for a 100.00 bucks!!! Mike saved me a Ton of money and time. Thank's to Mike and his Crew the Dealer didn't Rip me off!!! Thanks Guy's!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 07:50 PM
JohnZ
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,856 Likes on 1,099 Posts

Originally Posted by 1kuikc6
I have a very clean 07 Z51 Corvette and it was making some noise in the front suspension.I have a chevy Dealer not to far from my house so I took it to them to check it out.After a day and they had to keep it over night. The next morning they told me I needed a front spring and bushings now these thing's are composit and very expensive!! They told me it would cost 1200.00 on top of the 600.00 I already paid.needless to say I said I don't think so.I called Mike at TPS and asked him if he had one and he said he had a used one and could do the job for 500.00. When I got there they went right to work and come to find out it was not the spring or the bushings just a simple adjusting bolt needed to be replaced, they had one and put it on for a 100.00 bucks!!! Mike saved me a Ton of money and time. Thank's to Mike and his Crew the Dealer didn't Rip me off!!! Thanks Guy's!!!!
You should probably post this in the C6 Forum; this forum is for '53-'67 guys.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TPS Motor Sports