Notices
C5 Corvettes for Sale Classifieds: Used C5 Corvettes for sale as well as modified or stock Corvettes

2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic convertible for sale- 41,888 miles

Old 01-08-2013, 09:58 AM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

Default 2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic convertible for sale- 41,888 miles

I have my 427 Convertible now and although convertibles are great, two is too many so this one needs to go. I listed this before in the fall and I guess with the impending doom and gloom of winter in many parts of the country there was not a huge number of folks pulling out their wallets to buy this baby. But now that spring is just around the corner, I'm sure everyone is feeling the urge to drop the top and let those puppies fly in the breeze!!

Color and mileage are as stated in title. Light Oak top, Light Oak interior and Magnesium Wheels make the car a stunner. According to black book 1663 total DBGM were built out of 33,682 cars in 2000MY, 919 in 2001. There were 777 convertibles in 2000, 443 in 2001 for a total of 1253 of these cars. About every option you could get:

Dual Power Sport Seats
Memory Package
Floor Mats (duh)
Body Side Moldings
Dual Zone A/C
Automatic transmission (actually standard, just for clarification)
Performance Rear Axle (3.15)
Active Handling System
Delco Stereo with cassette (standard)
12 disc CD changer
Bose speaker package (standard)
Power Telescoping and tilt steering wheel
Magnesium Wheels (very low quantity option)
Twilight Sentinel
Fog Lamps
Head Up Display
Z51 performance handling package

The car is in nearly perfect shape. Mechanically everything works great. I have had to have the A/C recharged once when I first bought it over two years ago. I changed all the fluids then as well including tranny, oil, diff, radiator, brakes. I have changed the oil one time since then late last fall. (have only put 1800 miles on it since I bought it) And I put the new upgraded metal sway bay end links on it too, got rid of the old plastic ones (you'll see in pics).

Interior is perfect.

Exterior has one scratch on hood about an inch long that is through the clear coat I think but not through the paint. Can't see it from three feet away, or even a foot unless you are staring at it. Rocker panels have a few little chips that are like most cars that have been on the highway but nothing bad at all, again not noticable from more than a couple feet away staring at it.

Front tires are Goodyear Eagle F1s (like stock) that were pretty new when I bought the car. Still in great shape. The rears were not so good so I just put a brand new set of Michelin PS 2s on the back less than a couple hundred miles ago. All are runflats.

That's all I can really think of. Photos viewable at: http://tinyurl.com/b6gfd9d Make sure to click on Full Screen in upper right corner.

Best way to contact me is email at vettinman@att.net (not good about PMs)

Price -- $20,900 -- dropped from the fall

Last edited by Vettin Man; 01-09-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:39 AM
TitaniumVT
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Beautiful car. Good luck with the sale. What does this mean?

Originally Posted by Vettin Man

Automatic transmission (actually standard, just for clarification)
So is it an automatic, or a standard transmission car?
Old 01-09-2013, 08:55 AM
Vettin Man
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran

It means that it is an automatic, but back in those days an automatic was not an "option", it was a "standard" item and could be substituted for a manual transmission at no additional cost. Since I listed it under the list of "options" I just wanted to clarify that it didn't cost any extra like all the other stuff on the list. I guess "no cost option" would be a better way to say that. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2019, 03:53 PM
BRENTDE
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am interested. Please contact me via email, if possible. brent_linton@agilent.com

Get notified of new replies

To 2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic convertible for sale- 41,888 miles

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Dark Bowling Green Metallic convertible for sale- 41,888 miles