Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Rick Conti

Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rick Conti

Just picked up my white 2013 ZO6 from Rick Conti he is the real deal. He trusted a guy from Arkansas stepped and paid my asking price for my 2009 strictly on my word. I did not know him and got frustrated trying to communicate with him as he is so busy. However when we got together it was bam bam bam deal done. Now I am not nearly naive enough to think I skinned a car salesman. However he made me the only deal I would have taken and it was painless. I also can not believe the difference between the 09 car and the 13. I thought the 09 was a great car and had serious misgivings about trading. However I wanted a last year C6 ZO6. It rides better is much quieter the seats are better. I hope the C7 is better in every way as things should go forward. In the meantime some of you just keep bashing the C6. I am a happy guy! Double thumbs to Rick Conti.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:15 PM
JMills
Drifting

Received 781 Likes on 330 Posts
2024 Corvette of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2023 C2 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2022 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2020 C8 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C6 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2020 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2017 C2 of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of the Year Finalist

Hey, I bought my 427 from Rick and I had the same experience ! Great guy and a professional to deal with. Thanks again Rick!
Old 01-04-2013, 08:49 AM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Congrats was your 09 a Z also
Old 01-04-2013, 12:08 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my 08 Z06 from him when he was up in Random Lake Wisconsin -- drove all the way from Texas! Was totally worth it, smooth transaction, awesome friendly guy.

When I was shopping locally -- I had dealers that wouldn't even let me sit in the show room Z06, I had dealers telling me I'd be "lucky" to get it for MSRP. Granted I was 26 at the time, but screw em' all.

Rick is the man!
Old 01-04-2013, 12:49 PM
vettesmith02
Safety Car

Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Old 01-04-2013, 04:20 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by troller399
Congrats was your 09 a Z also
Yes it was. It was a black 3 LZ. It is still in the wanted to buy or sell ads here under tractorguy as I dont know how to remove. Rick told me I would notice differences and he was right. It has the ride control and definitely rides better. For whatever reason this one has much less road noise and the 09 had new PS2's on it too. This one also had a much different sound when the pipes open- again dont know why. The seats are much more comfortable and I like the new steering wheel better.
It was interesting and my wife notices things like this much more than me but she said she got one thumbs up in the black car going to Columbus and it is very good looking. The 13 is white with red interior black wheels and headlight buckets. Folks went crazy over it coming back. Truckers were honking and even taking cell phone photos and thumbs were everywhere- and yea she had the same clothes on coming as going! The topper was when she ASKED to drive after we got on rural 2 lane coming home. I nearly fell out as I never got her to drive the black car- wouldnt hardly ride in it. She didnt like the guy I bought it from and didnt like the car. She never told me how much till we traded. That right there is worth the price difference. If mamas happy everybody is happy!! Thanks again Rick for ordering the car the way you did!!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:26 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

^ great color combo...congrats on your new Z06 !
Old 01-04-2013, 04:56 PM
RFE-57
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi TG,
That's pretty cool. DO what do you attribute the difference in ride in the model years? Magnetic suspension vs non or just upgraded ride?

I've got an 07' Z06 and I love it but it can be a bit harsh on some road stretches.
THX in advance,
B
Old 01-04-2013, 09:04 PM
Raisin Man
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by toxin440
I bought my 08 Z06 from him when he was up in Random Lake Wisconsin -- drove all the way from Texas! Was totally worth it, smooth transaction, awesome friendly guy.

When I was shopping locally -- I had dealers that wouldn't even let me sit in the show room Z06, I had dealers telling me I'd be "lucky" to get it for MSRP. Granted I was 26 at the time, but screw em' all.

Rick is the man!
Agreed. I've never met Rick, but his success offers more evidence (if we needed any) that there is a well-informed national market for Corvette. Most dealers don't have a clue as to the prevailing prices for these cars.

In 2010, I argued with for a couple of weeks with a local Maroone Chevrolet outlet (Autonation, South Florida) over - drumroll - $1,500 on a ZR1. I ended up buying the EXACT same car from Wes Milby @ Reliable in Missouri and saved a bundle even after shipping the car to Miami. A straightforward deal. We were done in ten (10) minutes.

Kudos to Rick and others like him that are ready to provide great service at market prices. I'm guessing there's a reason most of the Corvette business is done by a dozen or so dealerships nationwide. Keep up the good work.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 PM
tractorguy
Advanced

Originally Posted by RFE-57
Hi TG,
That's pretty cool. DO what do you attribute the difference in ride in the model years? Magnetic suspension vs non or just upgraded ride?

I've got an 07' Z06 and I love it but it can be a bit harsh on some road stretches.
THX in advance,
B
Boy I am sure there are a lot of folks on the Forum that know a lot more about that than me. I would have to think most of it due to the Selective Ride Control. It costs $2500 so it should do something! Whether that is all of it or not I dont know. I was actually more curious about the noise difference. I have figured out though that I dont even know what tires for sure I have on the 2013. The tires on the 09 were new Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. I thought that is what is on the 13. However the ones on the 13 just say Michelin Pilot Sport. Therefore I dont know whither they are regular PS2's or Pilot Sport Cups- that is how sharp I am!! They are an inch wider front and rear on the Cup style wheels that come with the ride control. The tread looks different than my others. If so maybe the difference in noise level?? The new car is MUCH quieter though. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the tires!!
Old 01-05-2013, 01:39 PM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I traded with Rick last year. He bought my 08A6 F55 based on pictures and dealer records and I bought an 11 Custom Carbon, 1 of 7 car. He is the real deal. Knows his cars their value and trades fairly and quickly..... He is bit tough to nail down at times but that is because he is so busy. He needs an assistant.

We definitely buy from him again, no second thoughts...

AJ from Texas
Old 01-05-2013, 01:40 PM
ch47d1sg
Pro

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tractorguy
Boy I am sure there are a lot of folks on the Forum that know a lot more about that than me. I would have to think most of it due to the Selective Ride Control. It costs $2500 so it should do something! Whether that is all of it or not I dont know. I was actually more curious about the noise difference. I have figured out though that I dont even know what tires for sure I have on the 2013. The tires on the 09 were new Michelin Pilot Sport 2's. I thought that is what is on the 13. However the ones on the 13 just say Michelin Pilot Sport. Therefore I dont know whither they are regular PS2's or Pilot Sport Cups- that is how sharp I am!! They are an inch wider front and rear on the Cup style wheels that come with the ride control. The tread looks different than my others. If so maybe the difference in noise level?? The new car is MUCH quieter though. Maybe someone can enlighten me on the tires!!
They should be PS2 Zeros... Same tire, you would not have cup tires...
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM
nmerhaut
Melting Slicks

Received 75 Likes on 62 Posts

Road & Track earlier this year said the Z06 with PTM and the select ride beat every other new Vette including the ZR1 around Spring Mountain and even surprised the pro driver. So that combo of PTM and Select Ride must mean something.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:01 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Received 1,554 Likes on 557 Posts

Just picked up my white 2013 ZO6 from Rick Conti he is the real deal. He trusted a guy from Arkansas stepped and paid my asking price for my 2009 strictly on my word. I did not know him and got frustrated trying to communicate with him as he is so busy. However when we got together it was bam bam bam deal done. Now I am not nearly naive enough to think I skinned a car salesman. However he made me the only deal I would have taken and it was painless. I also can not believe the difference between the 09 car and the 13. I thought the 09 was a great car and had serious misgivings about trading. However I wanted a last year C6 ZO6. It rides better is much quieter the seats are better. I hope the C7 is better in every way as things should go forward. In the meantime some of you just keep bashing the C6. I am a happy guy! Double thumbs to Rick Conti.
Ford,

Thanks for your understanding with our nationwide representation...you know not a lot of guys 100% dedicated to Corvette...I am thankful to be busy...once we hooked up I have enjoyed every call and text....you crack me up.....

OH, did she let you touch her leg on the way back (wink wink).

I respect you joy you had for the 2009, but I told you , you were in for a real treat, GM has done a nice job with the C6 as she is ending.....I think your text said

'**** CHIEF, THIS IS A TOTALLY DIFFERENT CAR, RIDES BETTER AND MUCH QUIETER. WE GOT MORE LOOKS AND THUMBS UP BETWEEN COLUMBUS AND BOWLING GREEN TODAY THAN THE WHOLE TIME I HAD THE 2009! "

I really enjoyed working with you guys and glad I could help....appreciate your business and continued support. Hope to make that Eureka Show!

CONGRATULATIONS!

Last edited by RickConti@Coughlin; 01-05-2013 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

:. However when we got together it was bam bam bam deal done. Now I am not nearly naive enough to think I skinned a car salesman. However he made me the only deal I would have taken and it was painless. I also can not believe the difference between the 09 car and the 13..
Thats great when it goes fast like this when you get the deal you want.

Sometimes when deals go to easy and fast, maybe what you believed was the only deal you would have taken that was accepted so quickly wasn't that great to begin with.

Congrats on the new white Z06 and Conti is a good guy. I am sure you got a great deal.

Thats also great that he believed you on the car you traded in and gave you the trade in value you wanted - site un-seen. Most dealers would not do this.

Last edited by Mr. Gizmo; 01-05-2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:25 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by toxin440

Rick is the man!
Thanks so much...Texas is such a kick *** state for Corvette, we continue to do a ton of business there.....
Old 01-05-2013, 05:56 PM
BearZ06
Safety Car

Received 1,311 Likes on 765 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22-'23

Great car! Congrats Dr. B! I didn't know you ever digressed from tractors. Keep it out of the paddies! I was standing in the same spot back in July, will be in touch!

Last edited by BearZ06; 01-05-2013 at 08:46 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Rick Conti

Old 01-05-2013, 06:36 PM
427 Pilot
Safety Car

Congrats! Great looking Z!
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM
fly a Z06
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I can also vouch for Rick Conti as I've been a customer who got a great deal. His website has tons of them and useful info.

Joel
Old 01-05-2013, 09:02 PM
RickConti@Coughlin
Safety Car

Originally Posted by fly a Z06
I can also vouch for Rick Conti as I've been a customer who got a great deal. His website has tons of them and useful info.

Joel
Thanks Joel, you are a good guy sir, always look forward to our talks!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Rick Conti