C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

S&P now has shorty headers for LS motors w/mechanical clutch linkage

Old 12-13-2012, 01:44 PM
rick piras
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 31 Posts

Default S&P now has shorty headers for LS motors w/mechanical clutch linkage

I know most of the guys running LS motors are using hydraulic clutch setups, but for simplicity I wanted to use the stock mechanical setup with the Z-bar. I worked long distance with Street & Performance by having them send me tack welded headers that I was able to modify, tack weld the primaries in better locations, and then they designed a jig to match. After a few attempts, they now have something that should clear the stock linkage, as well as the stock steering box very nicely. I worked with Gary in their header department, and if you're planning to go this route, I'd suggest you ask Gary to send you a set in the tack welded version to fit check and be sure it'll work for you, and then return them for final welding and ceramic coating.
I'd seen some inquiries from guys asking if there was such an option available, now there is.

Regards,
Rick
Old 12-14-2012, 01:22 AM
00fxd
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts

Need some one to make Hooker style sidepipe headers for stock driveshaft length engine placement ... Don't know why one would use Hyd clutch actuation with the high quality Scoggins Dickey LS Clutch cross shaft bracket readily available ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: S&P now has shorty headers for LS motors w/mechanical clutch linkage