C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51

Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51

Hello and Happy holidays. I did a widebody conversion with the help of a couple of forum members here. I want to thenk all especially RL Sebring for the widebody kit and all others too many to mention. He sold me the panels with Z06 emblems so i been posing as a z06 Corvette so i put an end to that. I found Reid another forum member selling these emblems and said they are for me. I like the way they match my calipers and go great with my Lemans Blue. Im hoping my wife gets me the Corsa extremes for Xmas and ill be complete. Hope you like.

Happy Holidays to all.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:20 PM
RO55
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice! You are right they match you car perfectly! Enjoy your great looking car & Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas too!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:22 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Default thnks

Originally Posted by RO55
Very nice! You are right they match you car perfectly! Enjoy your great looking car & Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas too!

Thanks to another WPB brother. You will know its me with those emblems. Dont see many with them.Thanks.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:25 PM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,919 Likes on 4,805 Posts

Excellent choice, looks perfect, nice job all the way around.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Cyber Greg
Drifting

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Looks great. Love those wheels too!
Get the A pillars done and you're stylin'!
Old 12-09-2012, 04:47 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 816 Likes on 385 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Those are different. I have a wide body on my '07 coupe, however it is only the rear section. I also have the Z51 option and Z51 badges, but not like yours.
I am sure (and mostly likely it won't take long) there will be those that will say you are now posing as a ZR1, but don't worry about those members that are all so self righteous and have the right to tell us all what we can do and not do to are own cars.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by BWF07
Those are different. I have a wide body on my '07 coupe, however it is only the rear section. I also have the Z51 option and Z51 badges, but not like yours.
I am sure (and mostly likely it won't take long) there will be those that will say you are now posing as a ZR1, but don't worry about those members that are all so self righteous and have the right to tell us all what we can do and not do to are own cars.
Looks like you are posing as a ZR1.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:58 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Racer
Looks like you are posing as a ZR1.
I know it would not be long till you comment racer and knew zr1 owners will not agree but i love my emblem and i know z51 its not a model but the emblem looks cool and if it does look like a zr1 its okay i didnt have to spend another 60 to 70 grand in a car that cost me less than 25 grand. I put my money in my sons future and love putting things on my car that i like. Im sure other Z51 owners will like this emblem so to each their own.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:08 PM
KX
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cripes, not another ZR1 poser. I just do not understand the mentality here. Why the faux models? Is it an ego thing or a want-to-be thing. Man, when I had my real ZR-1's I ran into 3 or 4 such posers. All it took to shut them down was a run down the track or a go on the freeway at speed. Nuff said. But why? Who are you trying to impress, or is it not an ego thing at all. I understand liking the wide body look, but then to add the badges and to pretend is just too much...
Old 12-09-2012, 05:24 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by KX
Cripes, not another ZR1 poser. I just do not understand the mentality here. Why the faux models? Is it an ego thing or a want-to-be thing. Man, when I had my real ZR-1's I ran into 3 or 4 such posers. All it took to shut them down was a run down the track or a go on the freeway at speed. Nuff said. But why? Who are you trying to impress, or is it not an ego thing at all. I understand liking the wide body look, but then to add the badges and to pretend is just too much...
I don't need to impress no one but me I like the emblem that a forum member was selling and as far as the track or speed I don't track my car and I stay within the law of speed . If u owned a ze1 great for you I hope the money u invested that u got it back in full. I'm not trying to pose but I got thick skin and can take .
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 PM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Much better....

And as far as ZR1 poser? You guys know ZR1s have different design fender coves....looks nothing like a ZR1 poser.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:29 PM
DallasZ06*
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet the adenoids kick in when explaining a Z51 badge to someone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgnCMSWtoVc
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 PM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Originally Posted by KX
How can he be a ZR1 poser with Z06 fenders?

I don't quite understand why, what people do to there own cars, bother so many others. What this member does to his car doesn't affect me (or you) at all, so I couldn't care less.

I say make any mods to your car that make you happy. Enjoy your car.

Now you can call me a ZR1 poser if you like. I don't have any badges at all. I just love the wide body (ZR1) look and I couldn't afford to spend double the money to get it.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

John, looks great, good to see it finally done.
As for the ZR1 poser people, why don't you get a life. Just because you own or owned one, doesn't give you the right to police it..
His badge says Z51, show me where it says ZR1. My car looks more like a ZR1 than Johns does, I have no badges but the body looks the same. I guess it's a good job we live in a free country and not some dictatorship where people can't do as they please with their own property.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:08 PM
DallasZ06*
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
John, looks great, good to see it finally done.
As for the ZR1 poser people, why don't you get a life. Just because you own or owned one, doesn't give you the right to police it..
His badge says Z51, show me where it says ZR1. My car looks more like a ZR1 than Johns does, I have no badges but the body looks the same. I guess it's a good job we live in a free country and not some dictatorship where people can't do as they please with their own property.
No ones saying he can't do it...they just think it's ridiculous lol
Old 12-09-2012, 06:09 PM
mcandrew67
Race Director

Received 1,013 Likes on 599 Posts
2016 Corvette of Year
2015 C6 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by DallasZ06*
No ones saying he can't do it...they just think it's ridiculous lol
Why? Because you all say so?? He had holes he needed to cover, are you going to pay to fill, sand and paint, if so I'm sure John would be happy for you to do so
Old 12-09-2012, 06:20 PM
LMB-Z
Le Mans Master

Received 441 Likes on 395 Posts

I like it. I love the LMB...calipers look good, badge looks good. Your car, your money, your choice.

Get notified of new replies

To Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51

Old 12-09-2012, 06:25 PM
johnbriganti
Burning Brakes

Default Thanks Mcandrew

Originally Posted by mcandrew67
Why? Because you all say so?? He had holes he needed to cover, are you going to pay to fill, sand and paint, if so I'm sure John would be happy for you to do so

It took me a while to see how i fill those holes or leave them like you and i did this post to show that im happy with the cherry on top on my car that im modding to my taste not to others. Im sticking with these emblems since a vendor design them and i like them. I dont need to drive a zr1 to show power or that i paid 100,ooo grand that i have money i did this for the other z51 owners and guys to see that this is available. This is not a post to bash z51 owners but show that im happy with how my car turned out. Hate it love it dont care i love it and thats what matters. BTW Mcandrew once i get done with some projects ill pm you for a meet at Hooters in Ft lauderdale first round on me. We live in Sunny Florida and i know we can drive our cars all year long.
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Enjoy YOUR vette OP...
Old 12-09-2012, 06:26 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,078 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

It is your car whether I like it or does not matter as long as you are happy with what you have done different strokes for different folks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Removed Zo6 emblem to Z51