C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

Old 05-08-2012, 09:22 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 4 Posts

Default For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first?
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium?
3) For those with Cashmere, do you like it? Any regrets? Harder to keep clean, etc.?

Cyber Gray/Titanium interior is my alternate choice.

Thanks in advance for the help, Brian
Old 05-08-2012, 09:27 PM
Supercrewbear
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you thought about the 4LT in Dark Titanium with blue stitching? I think that would look great with the Night Race Blue exterior... Night Race Blue wouldn't be a problem for me sight unseen except for pictures - I ordered my pickup in a blue color sight unseen and I've never regretted it! I just knew I wanted blue.

I have the 3LT Cashmere on my black GS. I like it being light inside - it makes the car feel a little larger inside (to me) and I don't have a problem with keeping it clean. I will occasionally scuff the door jam or lower door panel with my shoes but it's not that big of a deal.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:33 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Originally Posted by Supercrewbear
Have you thought about the 4LT in Dark Titanium with blue stitching? I think that would look great with the Night Race Blue exterior... Night Race Blue wouldn't be a problem for me sight unseen except for pictures - I ordered my pickup in a blue color sight unseen and I've never regretted it! I just knew I wanted blue.

I do like the Titanium with the blue stitch, but I want a blue Corvette also. I think the Cashmere would be a good contrast. I think the Blue will also be fairly rare. Don't see many Cashmere interiors though...just curious in the forum's opinions...Thanx
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I personally wouldn't buy any color without seeing it in person first. There's simply too much at stake. It's particularly important with Night Race Blue IMO. I've seen it in person in different lighting conditions and am amazed at what I saw. Believe me when I say that under overcast or cloudy skies it looks like metallic black; you have to look hard to see any hint of blue. The blue comes out a little more in bright sunlight but it's still easy to mistake for black. If you're looking for a color that is clearly blue and not black, I don't think Night Race is your color.

As for the interior, I'd go with 4LT for sure. My first choice would be all ebony with blue stitching. A very close second would be ebony/dark titanium (also with blue stitching). I wouldn't even consider cashmere regardless of exterior color - I just don't like it.

If you go with 3LT, you could get all ebony or ebony/titanium. (Note that the titanium in the 3LT is significantly lighter in color than the dark titanium in the 4LT.) In addition, with the 3LT titanium you could choose between solid titanium or two-tone ebony/titanium seats, with or without embroidered flags. Colored stitching is not available with 3LT (4LT only).

Here are a few pics of Night Race Blue. Decisions, decisions.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:40 AM
bearphoto
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 200 Posts
SoCal Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '12

I've already obtained my price quote on the nite race blue, titanium interior with blue stitching, 6 spd, nav, hud, blue top, basically the 4LT interior but i think its called 1sc, cup wheels, npp and full width spoiler. About 77k through Fitchner.

I'd like to see the color in person before i place my order however the dark blue and dark blue top is sharp imo.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 AM
TrekWater88
Pro

Decisions, decisions.

I know, right? I do like the darker blues, but I think my opportunity to see one in person may not be possible. I'm looking to order around Father's Day, but don't think any local dealers will have one that soon. If not I'll go with Cyber Gray 4LT with Titanium interior and blue stitch. I think the appeal of the one year color run has me wrapped around the axle...

Thanks for the feedback, Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 02:38 AM
TommyV
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12, '16

Originally Posted by mpuzach
Damn that's a sweet car.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:29 AM
Foxer55
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I ordered the titanium interior on my 2010 GS and was really, REALLY disappointed because the seats and door trim are grey but all the carpets and most of the interior trim are black. I didn't want a stinking hot black interior. Compare this to a cashmere interior which is ALL cashmere. If I wanted a black interior I would have ordered a BLACK interior.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:32 AM
TNTC4VETTE
Will work for HPDE time.
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TrekWater88
...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first? YES
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium? TITANIUM
3) For those with Cashmere, do you like it? Any regrets? Harder to keep clean, etc.?

Old 05-09-2012, 11:08 AM
MidYearRoadster
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts

What is that old saying???? LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP....it might save you a lot of grief...
Old 05-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't buy any color I hadn't seen in-person. I'd want to be absolutely sure I liked the color before spending that kind of money. Considering how long I typically keep a car that's a long time to live with a color I wasn't 100% happy with.
Old 05-09-2012, 11:50 AM
incabird
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got to see the car shown in the thread at the Bash and really liked the new blue. It is very dark. I think it has a very rich quality to it. The metallic flakes really show well in bright sunlight. It is similiar to the Cyber gray in that it looks very different in low light and bright light conditions.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:05 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

When GM announced the Cyber Gray for the 2009's, I knew I wanted one(had been asking for a dark charcoal gray for the Vette for years), but I had reservations, especially with the blue metalflake.

Went to the Black Hills Classic in July 2008, and the GM engineers had a new 09 ZR1 that was in the new Cyber Gray, showing it off. It was dirty, but I could tell the color was exactly what I had been wishing for. Got home from Yellowstone on July 25, my local dealer got a new Cyber gray Z06 the day before, and I drove it home on Monday the 28th.

For me, I could have ordered the Cyber Gray sight unseen as it turned out to be perfect for me, but you never know. Color is a major part of how satistifeid you will be with your car. A color you don't like, and you end up owning one, and you will be unhappy with your costly purchase.

Being a new color, I'm sure that one of the larger Corvette dealers in you area will have one in stock shortly. Contact them and ask them to let you know when their first one arrives(even if it is pre-sold). Then high tail it over and take a look.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:11 PM
ptaylor_9849
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Many recent corvette colors are somewhat muted in low light such as Supersonic Blue, Cyber Gray and most likely, Race Blue. Therefore, having an interior color that pops a little might actually be a good thing. If you're giving serious thought to Race Blue, I would definitely consider cashmere whether it be 3 or 4 LT. Here's my black C6 with cashmere and my Cyber Gray with Titanium for your review:

Old 05-09-2012, 12:12 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,235 Likes on 703 Posts

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I personally wouldn't buy any color without seeing it in person first. There's simply too much at stake. It's particularly important with Night Race Blue IMO. I've seen it in person in different lighting conditions and am amazed at what I saw. Believe me when I say that under overcast or cloudy skies it looks like metallic black; you have to look hard to see any hint of blue. The blue comes out a little more in bright sunlight but it's still easy to mistake for black. If you're looking for a color that is clearly blue and not black, I don't think Night Race is your color.

I walked past that car half the day before I realized it wasn't black.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:55 PM
designerRob
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrekWater88
...A few questions:
1) Would you order this color without having seen it in person first?
2) Which 4LT/3LT interior color, Cashmere or Titanium?

1) if I REALLY wanted it, but most likely no
2) Ti
3)
Old 05-09-2012, 01:06 PM
thedigitel
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd go with two tone ebony / titanium

Get notified of new replies

To For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...

Old 05-09-2012, 08:22 PM
TrekWater88
Pro

Thanks for all the feedback, it's greatly appreciated. I have seen all of the interior color combinations and the variety of stitching options and I agree with the opinions about the cashmere interior. Of the cashmere interiors I have seen, the 4LT is the nicest IMO...just the right amount. In the 3LT, there is just TOO much cashmere for me. I would NOT do cashmere with Cyber Gray. As far as the exterior, I do like the Cyber Gray the best of the current colors. I prefer blue, but the Carlisle and the Supersonic are not dark enough for my taste. Like many have said, without seeing it in person, I'm not willing to take that leap of faith, especially for my first EVER Corvette purchase. I will keep checking the local dealers and see what shows up. Thanks again, Brian
Old 05-09-2012, 10:01 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I would order it with red interior
Old 05-09-2012, 10:05 PM
DonOH
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

I would have to see it first in person.
I think cashmere would look great with it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: For Those Considering NRBM (Night Race Blue Metallic)...