C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Splash Guards

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Steve2150
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Splash Guards

Was thinking of ordering the splash guards for my 2011 arctic white coupe 1lt from parts-taxi. Was wondering are they hard to install , do they use existing fasteners or must new screws and holes to attach to the fenders.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:22 PM
vetteright
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 54 Posts

The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:29 PM
cmonkey713
Race Director

Received 1,239 Likes on 910 Posts

Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
TSLAVette
Drifting

Received 292 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Easy install. I have done several sets and i have found that it is much easier if you remove the rear wheels for working room. Do a test fit before removing the high bond tape protection strip. Watch the placement on the uppermost part of the piece, Make sure it is aligned perfectly before sticking it down. You only get one shot at this so take your time.
I agree ... piece of cake & look great!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:47 PM
R&L's C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,244 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by vetteright
The front ones use existing fasteners (actually you replace the existing ones with slightly larger ones included in the kit). You will need to drill two holes for each of the rears. Very easy to install. A floor jack, a lug wrench, a torque wrench and a drill are all you need.

I just installed a set today and actually its four but it's in the wheel well liner and not the quarter panel.

Originally Posted by cmonkey713
Old 05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
Just Buy It
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I should have done this when I first got my car. GM should have included them out of the factory. Mine has a bad case of road rash. So who cares! Its car that you love to drive and if you want a mint garage queen the original buyer is the loser.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:33 AM
BOB'S C6
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

That's where I got mine, Real easy install and look great! Very happy with the GM splash guards.

Get notified of new replies

To Splash Guards

Quick Reply: Splash Guards