C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 11:57 AM
DKS
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CD Player

The Cd player in my 99 stopped working. I replaced the cartridge with no luck. How hard is it to take the unit out? Does anyone know of anyone who repairs these units. I live in Florida between Ocala and Orlando. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:24 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by DKS
The Cd player in my 99 stopped working. I replaced the cartridge with no luck. How hard is it to take the unit out? Does anyone know of anyone who repairs these units. I live in Florida between Ocala and Orlando. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just 2 small bolts on either side and an electrical connector. After you get the unit out check and see if a disk is stuck inside. They are known to eat disks at times.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
fendermender
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you talking the in dash head unit or the changer in the trunk? You mention cartridge which makes me wonder.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 PM
DKS
Advanced

Default CD Player

I am talking about the unit in the trunk. It sounds like it wants to load the CD's but doesn't. It goes through 3 or 4 and then I get an error message.
Old 04-27-2012, 11:03 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Originally Posted by DKS
I am talking about the unit in the trunk. It sounds like it wants to load the CD's but doesn't. It goes through 3 or 4 and then I get an error message.
Bet you got one stuck in there.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:06 PM
DKS
Advanced

I took it out of the car, found a CD stuck inside, but still does not work. The CD symbol on the radio keeps flashing.

Last edited by DKS; 04-28-2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:21 PM
fendermender
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

This may be completely stupid on my part so excuse if it is. Make sure the discs are loaded face down in the magazine. Not what I would think and don't ask how I know this.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:46 PM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Mine died this way, just got a newer used one for cheap. They are always on fleabay and often here too.
Old 04-29-2012, 04:17 PM
BigGun
Drifting

Originally Posted by DKS
I took it out of the car, found a CD stuck inside, but still does not work. The CD symbol on the radio keeps flashing.
There is a little lever inside that sometimes gets disconnected when you take the stuck disk out. if you take the case off you will see it just laying there not connected to anything. I don't have any pic as mine is back in the car. It is pretty obvious where it need to go but it is a pita to put back on. Mine has been working for 3 or 4 months much to my surprise. You have nothing to lose by taking a look.

Get notified of new replies

To CD Player

Quick Reply: CD Player