Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM
givemeurc6
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by givemeurc6
I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
Thank you and you are exactly right. That is why I'm asking forum members' opinions to guide me towards to the right direction. I also don't want to take my car to any dealer.

Anybody?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM
ILLUSHN
Safety Car

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by givemeurc6

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM
Hirohawa
Le Mans Master

Received 248 Likes on 158 Posts

I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by ILLUSHN

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
Thank you !
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.

Thank you !!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Joezone914
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirohawa
I agree if you must goto Chevy. Goto Win and see Jim Iverson
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by beastyz06
Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
And Girls
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 PM
pcguy2u
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 107 Likes on 77 Posts

You don't state what the circumstances are that lead to the vibration or what year ZR1 or when the problem started or how similar the problem is to the descriptions from in the various threads on this issue.

Last edited by pcguy2u; 02-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM
mjcourt
Pro

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.
The corvette guy at my dealership gave me his personal cell phone number so that I can locate him and don’t have to be routed through the dealership phone system. Two new tires have been installed and two rotors are on the way from GM. So far I’m very pleased with the way my dealership and GM are handling the issue. I’ll post more details when all is done.

Get notified of new replies

To Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue