C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1999 Corvette minor problems need fixed

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 11:36 PM
HughG
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 1999 Corvette minor problems need fixed

I recently traded off my 1984 Corvette for my sixth Corvette a 1999 6-speed. The car had some minor problems, most of which I fixed: tire pressure sensors, e-brake didn't work which I adjusted and now works great, new plugs, wires (has 106xxx miles) and a few other minor things. Here are some things left that I do not know how to fix and wondered if I could get any help:
1) Service Vehicle Soon light comes on every time you start it. I traced it to a sensor on the steering wheel but have no idea what part I need or how to replace it. I understand it is a sensor that tells if the steering wheel is centered.
2) In dash CD player has a error message and kicks out CD every time. Plus have the lights on the radio do no illuminate. The 12 disc CD player didn't work until I found out you had to load the CDs in upside down, now it works great, but would like to fix the in dash CD player. Would also be interested in any good ideas to hook up an iPod through the stereo beyond an FM transmitter.

This car is my everyday driver (unless I know it is going to snow or ice up, then I ride with the wife in the Ridgeline). This is my sixth Corvette having had a 78, 77, 84, 01, 84 and now my 99. Car runs great, just would like to get everything working right.

Quick Reply: 1999 Corvette minor problems need fixed