C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service antilock brakes dic message

Old 01-07-2012, 09:24 AM
Bob-New_Jersey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Service antilock brakes dic message

Hi, and I pulled the Vette out of the garage and left it running while I checked the air pressures yesterday. Its been real cold in NJ this week, but I have driven it every few days. I had a service antilock brakes dic message when I got back in. The car seemed to run fine other that the steering felt as though there was no power assist. I drove for 20 minutes and let it sit for and hour. I checked the brake fluid and p/s fluid and they were full. The p/s cap seemed to "pop" though when I opened it. Started it up there was no message and the steering was fine again. I did a seach on service active handling/brakes and read thru some threads bit did not see anything about the steering issue.
Anyone ever experience sonething similar to this? Car is 08 MN6 without telescopic wheel with 24,000 miles. thanks, - Bob
Old 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Bob-New_Jersey,
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. If you'd like I'd be more than willing to setup an appointment with the dealership for you so they can try and pinpoint the cause of this issue.

Chevrolet Customer Service,
Justin
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Bob-New_Jersey
Intermediate

Thanks Justin. I may take you up on the offer. I'll take it out for a ride tomorrow and keep an eye on it. After I filled the tires I noticed the right rear tire pressure dic was lazy in resetting. Maybe its a TPS/battery going bad. The car has been flawless for 24,000 miles so the dic warning caught me by surprise.

thanks again, - Bob
Old 01-09-2012, 10:46 PM
Bill Dearborn
Tech Contributor

Received 8,910 Likes on 5,325 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob-New_Jersey
Hi, and I pulled the Vette out of the garage and left it running while I checked the air pressures yesterday. Its been real cold in NJ this week, but I have driven it every few days. I had a service antilock brakes dic message when I got back in. The car seemed to run fine other that the steering felt as though there was no power assist. I drove for 20 minutes and let it sit for and hour. I checked the brake fluid and p/s fluid and they were full. The p/s cap seemed to "pop" though when I opened it. Started it up there was no message and the steering was fine again. I did a seach on service active handling/brakes and read thru some threads bit did not see anything about the steering issue.
Anyone ever experience sonething similar to this? Car is 08 MN6 without telescopic wheel with 24,000 miles. thanks, - Bob
If your 3/36 warranty is still in affect or you have an extended warranty let the dealership handle the problem. Otherwise, go to Advance Auto Parts or some other chain that uses scanners that can read ABS codes and get the codes read and report the codes in a thread on the forum. Without codes it is extremely difficult to know what is wrong. ABS is a feature that rides on top of the base brake system so checking normal brake items like brake fluid level, rotors or pads usually doesn't show you anything.

Bill
Old 01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
Bob-New_Jersey
Intermediate

Thanks Bill. Drove the car again today and it seems fine. I'll keep an eye on it and report back if it comes back on again. I bought the car in April 08 so I guess it is out of the 36/3. - Bob

Get notified of new replies

To Service antilock brakes dic message

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Service antilock brakes dic message