Sponsored by:

To Wave or Not to Wave

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 12:25 AM
76 VETTE
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chasboy
why did such a useful term as TOOL become the descriptive of a jerk/idiot? My wrenches are offended.
Old 12-24-2011, 01:01 AM
itzza427
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TriplBlk
If it was smooth and controlled-- Wave (the guy was just kickin it out a lil )
If it was sloppy and he had to concentrate to gain control-- Thumbs down out the window hahaha
Kind of hard to make a judgement call with that brief description.Amount of room,,the manor that it was accomplished makes a BIG difference! I've been known to add a bit of oversteer on occasion,,but I've been doing it for more years than a lot of members have been alive!!If you know what you are doing,,it can be fun once in a while!!!
Old 12-24-2011, 01:33 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

This is the only car forum I know of where waving or not waving at another car owner is worthy of an actual discussion thread.

Tomorrow I am checking the tire pressures in the Z06. Not sure if I will start with the driver side tires or the passenger side tires. When I make my choice, I will be sure to create a thread to let you guys know what I decided...
Old 12-24-2011, 09:33 AM
onebadmofo
Racer

Just because you saw them that does not mean they saw you.........I say if you are going to drive a MEAN CORVETTE ( a Man's Man Car) why do you get your FEELINGS HURT JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY DID NOT WAVE BACK........I say GROW A PAIR drive your car and enjoy it for what it is..... not so someone will wave at you.

The simple solution is just stop waving if it hurts your feeling so much if they don't wave back then you won't be crying about it.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:34 AM
TOPCATHR
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

does it matter?
Old 12-24-2011, 09:39 AM
vette.mix
Le Mans Master

thanks for sharing
Old 12-24-2011, 09:49 AM
machz800ps
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FYRARMS
This is the only car forum I know of where waving or not waving at another car owner is worthy of an actual discussion thread.

Tomorrow I am checking the tire pressures in the Z06. Not sure if I will start with the driver side tires or the passenger side tires. When I make my choice, I will be sure to create a thread to let you guys know what I decided...
Thank you my thoughts exactly, 2 pages no less and here i am responding , i have lost a few IQ points for doing so
Steve
Old 12-24-2011, 10:11 AM
TBH94
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I hate it when people look down on you for having a little fun in your car that you love so much you post on a forum about it.

I certainly don't condone reckless and unsafe driving but in the right spots it is ok to have a little fun. Not everyone has time, money or access to a closed track to accelerate hard around one corner.

As for the wave, I wave. I enjoy being part of a group of enthusiast. However, if this guy was out of control through a busy intersection, well then of course no wave.

Whoever posted about the C6 that looked down on there C5.....F them. All vettes are cool. Anyone that looks down is driving the car for the wrong reason.

Happy Holidays to all!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:26 AM
vette.mix
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by machz800ps
Thank you my thoughts exactly, 2 pages no less and here i am responding , i have lost a few IQ points for doing so
Steve
you did add to your post count
Old 12-24-2011, 10:29 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09-'10, '14

So we own one of the fastest productions cars built and we get all wee weed up if someone presses on the go pedal a little aggressively?

Go buy a chevette then. Not everyone has access to a track.

Last edited by RetiredSFC 97; 12-24-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:31 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

And yet you join the discussion!
Old 12-24-2011, 10:33 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

Originally Posted by TBH94
I hate it when people look down on you for having a little fun in your car that you love so much you post on a forum about it.

I certainly don't condone reckless and unsafe driving but in the right spots it is ok to have a little fun. Not everyone has time, money or access to a closed track to accelerate hard around one corner.

As for the wave, I wave. I enjoy being part of a group of enthusiast. However, if this guy was out of control through a busy intersection, well then of course no wave.

Whoever posted about the C6 that looked down on there C5.....F them. All vettes are cool. Anyone that looks down is driving the car for the wrong reason.

Happy Holidays to all!
They've been conditioned to think that way from the forum rules. Yes behavior can be controlled. Sad but true.
Old 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM
FYRARMS
Le Mans Master

Received 3,221 Likes on 1,583 Posts

Originally Posted by RetiredSFC 97
And yet you join the discussion!
You bet! Aren't we all part of a group of Vette owners? I mean, if you don't wave back, apparently you are thought less of. Someone made a thread, and we should reply back. Think of it as a "wave".

Besides, I like to think of the silly/pointless threads as comedic entertainment.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:11 AM
RetiredSFC 97
Team Owner

You bet! Aren't we all part of a group of Vette owners? I mean, if you don't wave back, apparently you are thought less of. Someone made a thread, and we should reply back. Think of it as a "wave".

Besides, I like to think of the silly/pointless threads as comedic entertainment.
I suppose one could look at it that way. I typically shake my head at the I love me and my C5 threads actually.
Old 12-24-2011, 11:46 AM
Camjamsdad
Melting Slicks

Location: It's true money can't buy happiness, but it is more comfortable crying in a Corvette than on a bicyc
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

I'd only cared if the guy lost it and hit the side of My car. It's his car to drive the way he wants, just like I'm free to drive the way I want. It's up to the police and the laws to keep me in check. If I get caught I deserve it and pay whatever fine I have to..... after the lawyer works his magic of course
Old 12-24-2011, 02:03 PM
machz800ps
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vette.mix
you did add to your post count
OH YA COOL, good point !!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
Steve
Old 12-24-2011, 03:42 PM
BWF07
Le Mans Master

Received 818 Likes on 387 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11
Oldtimer

Originally Posted by onebadmofo
Just because you saw them that does not mean they saw you.........I say if you are going to drive a MEAN CORVETTE ( a Man's Man Car) why do you get your FEELINGS HURT JUST BECAUSE SOMEBODY DID NOT WAVE BACK........I say GROW A PAIR drive your car and enjoy it for what it is..... not so someone will wave at you.

The simple solution is just stop waving if it hurts your feeling so much if they don't wave back then you won't be crying about it.
You must not have read the OP, as I never mentioned anything about being upset because the idiot driver did not wave. I was simply saying that he did not deserve a wave to start with. When someone pulls a stunt like that in traffic it makes us all look bad. I know every car around was waiting to see what I would do when I left the light and made my turn.

Get notified of new replies

To To Wave or Not to Wave

Old 12-24-2011, 09:25 PM
chasboy
Le Mans Master

Received 914 Likes on 721 Posts
Oldtimer

Camjam, I'd like to know if you have a flux capacitor and Mr. Fusion on the vehicle you are building in your avatar!
Old 12-24-2011, 11:53 PM
Dixiecrat
Pro

I wave on my Harley and I wave in my Vette and if shes pretty Ill wave in my truck !
Old 12-25-2011, 12:06 AM
torchredmadness
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I ride a Harley and wave to all that also ride Harleys. I drive a Corvette and wave to all Corvettes that I pass. What's the problem? GAY? I think not!

Quick Reply: To Wave or Not to Wave