Transactions Feedback Feedback on transactions made with other members and vendors.

0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 05:37 PM
mike16
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

contact a lawyer local to him. explain your problem. that lawyer will either help you directly or refer you to a lawyer who will hep you. contact that lawyer and for a fee of about 50 bucks he will write a fire and brimstone letter to this putz and forward another copy to the AG in that state. contact local police, BBB and all the other entities that get involved.Notify ebay and every website he pops up on. Get F(%$# ruthless on his azz.

you need to do it now because wasted time is acceptance and some states have a dead line for dealing with this stuff. Rip off artist already know what the dead line is. I'll bet that you dont.

And dont back off untill the check clears either because I've seen where people are "compelled" by a court order to refund money and submit a copy of the check as proof they have complied....the check bounced.

stop complaining and drop a ton of bricks on this turd.

Last edited by mike16; 12-18-2011 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:16 AM
Audiophobe
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankie the Fink
NEVER wire a bank transfer to buy something...
Of course shady vendors 'prefer' that form of payment...that basically have
your cash and you have no recourse...
True! Any vendor who prefers a wire transfer should raise the red flag. Ebay, Paypal, and credit cards offer moves to protect you.

Originally Posted by erb64
why waste anymore time?? call the fbi fraud by wire and the interstate aspect makes it their baby. Shame on him.
An email to the FBI and a call to the cops (you'll need an official police report, would be good moves right now.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:43 AM
69ttop502
Le Mans Master

Received 855 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by mike16
contact a lawyer local to him. explain your problem. that lawyer will either help you directly or refer you to a lawyer who will hep you. contact that lawyer and for a fee of about 50 bucks he will write a fire and brimstone letter to this putz and forward another copy to the AG in that state. contact local police, BBB and all the other entities that get involved.Notify ebay and every website he pops up on. Get F(%$# ruthless on his azz.

you need to do it now because wasted time is acceptance and some states have a dead line for dealing with this stuff. Rip off artist already know what the dead line is. I'll bet that you dont.

And dont back off untill the check clears either because I've seen where people are "compelled" by a court order to refund money and submit a copy of the check as proof they have complied....the check bounced.

stop complaining and drop a ton of bricks on this turd.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. Don't wait another 10 seconds for this idiot to stall you. Open up the biggest can of whoopass now. He has already got you once. Don't let him talk his way into doing it again. This story pisses me off just reading about it. I sure hope you get your money back.

Bill
Old 01-22-2012, 03:33 PM
Smits
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dean Oshiro

Well can see that I have to share my experience from when I made an order with Dean - Hotrods USA

Made an order back in 2006 for a complete front end. After 4 years I got the last parts! Well needed a kit more, so starting to deal with John who was in Washington.

In the middle John stopped, and the ordre was passed to Dean.
Payment was made in May 2010, and I have only received 1 thing, the rear end kit! And on top of that he was to pay the freight so transfered the money, but I got the bill when the parts arrived!

A year ago Dean and I agreed that he would settle my account, and return the 4000 usd he owed me!

I have been trying to get in contact with him since, on email and phone!

Now www.hotrodsusa.com, is closed, so think the money is gone!

Have found a site that looks like a Dean page www.partscityusa.com, and that page is still active! Just want to warn you, don't do business with him, you won't get half your parts!

For the first I should not have placed the 2nd order, secound I should have made a claim just after, but!

Sad money, and sad that some people are like Dean!

And sad for me I'm from Denmark Europe! Have tried a lawyer local to Dean, but no reply!
Old 01-22-2012, 03:51 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Smits
Well can see that I have to share my experience from when I made an order with Dean - Hotrods USA

Made an order back in 2006 for a complete front end. After 4 years I got the last parts! Well needed a kit more, so starting to deal with John who was in Washington.

In the middle John stopped, and the ordre was passed to Dean.
Payment was made in May 2010, and I have only received 1 thing, the rear end kit! And on top of that he was to pay the freight so transfered the money, but I got the bill when the parts arrived!

A year ago Dean and I agreed that he would settle my account, and return the 4000 usd he owed me!

I have been trying to get in contact with him since, on email and phone!

Now www.hotrodsusa.com, is closed, so think the money is gone!

Have found a site that looks like a Dean page www.partscityusa.com, and that page is still active! Just want to warn you, don't do business with him, you won't get half your parts!

For the first I should not have placed the 2nd order, secound I should have made a claim just after, but!

Sad money, and sad that some people are like Dean!

And sad for me I'm from Denmark Europe! Have tried a lawyer local to Dean, but no reply!
If i find anything more i will keep you posted.

He shut down hotrodsusa.com and now actively operates from partscityusa.com which shares the same link!
He claims he does not own partscity when he clearly does.

He uses the bank account name Speedenames for everything.

i am sick of calling/emailing him and hearing excuses.
He is a scammer plain and simple.

He claims to be in Washington, California and Nevada State Line....

He drags people out for months and even years with little to no resolve.

He needs to be stopped immediately.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:56 PM
tcsracing1
Instructor

Default Dean Oshiro

This is the man behind the scams from PARTSCITY USA/HOTRODS USA

if anybody knows this man please contact your local authorities.

Old 01-22-2012, 04:02 PM
67tripwr
Team Owner

Received 17 Likes on 4 Posts

I would litigate him so fast, it would make your head spin!

Make sure to pay extra to have the police serve his *** the papers.

Excuses are not resolving your problem
Old 01-22-2012, 04:14 PM
Smits
3rd Gear

Default Dean

Hi Guys

Thank looking forward for good news!

Hope it's possible to stop him!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:49 PM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

To put it Bluntly this guy need this.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:00 AM
Smits
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Audiophobe
True! Any vendor who prefers a wire transfer should raise the red flag. Ebay, Paypal, and credit cards offer moves to protect you.

An email to the FBI and a call to the cops (you'll need an official police report, would be good moves right now.

Well I used paypal, and I have tried for 6 month to have them answer by email, and phone call! Nothing at all
So maybe paypal is not that secure!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Audiophobe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Smits
Well I used paypal, and I have tried for 6 month to have them answer by email, and phone call! Nothing at all
So maybe paypal is not that secure!
Wow!
I paid someone for a non shipped item on Ebay a couple of years ago and Ebay/Paypal (I don't remember the details) did an investigation and paid me under the buyer protection.
Maybe it's changed since then.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:27 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,112 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
This is the man behind the scams from PARTSCITY USA/HOTRODS USA

if anybody knows this man please contact your local authorities.

Hate to say it man but you're pretty much screwed.

It's obvious he just rips people off then disappears and shows up with a different name just do do it over again and again.

This really sux because if and when his is actually prosecuted he'll get nothing but a slap on the wrist and you'll be in a long line of guys waiting to get blood out of a stone.
Old 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM
John McGraw
Safety Car

Received 114 Likes on 74 Posts

Pay Pal has always taken care of me on any dispute. They just recently reimbursed me for a purchase where the guy tried to stiff me. The key to getting a refund from PayPal is to use their automated dispute system, and not allowing too much time to pass. If I am doing business with someone that I do not have a history with, I have a fairly short fuse before I will file a dispute resolution. In a case like this, there is absolutely no chance of getting reimbursement from PayPal after several months. I would never let more than 2 weeks pass before filing a claim.
The last claim I filed, was less than 5 days from filing, to the funds being credited back to my account. They give the seller a very limited time to respond with their side of the story.

Regards, John McGraw
Old 01-23-2012, 03:36 PM
Audiophobe
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
Hate to say it man but you're pretty much screwed.

It's obvious he just rips people off then disappears and shows up with a different name just do do it over again and again.

This really sux because if and when his is actually prosecuted he'll get nothing but a slap on the wrist and you'll be in a long line of guys waiting to get blood out of a stone.
If you don't have a buyer protection, I may have to agree. The only thing you may be able to do, and even that's a may, is to have the police or FBI prosecute but that doesn't get your money back.
I'd start the criminal stuff ASAP regardless of anything else.
The legal system makes it too expensive to sue sue in civil courts to make it worth your time and money. Definitely squewed torward the bad guys.
I'm in a situation where someone broke a legal and binding contract for services. Everyone pretty much agrees but it would cost so much to sue that i'd be lucky to break even.
We need national legalcare! I'm serious!
Old 01-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Vega$Vette
Race Director

Received 2,112 Likes on 986 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiophobe
If you don't have a buyer protection, I may have to agree. The only thing you may be able to do, and even that's a may, is to have the police or FBI prosecute but that doesn't get your money back.
I'd start the criminal stuff ASAP regardless of anything else.
The legal system makes it too expensive to sue sue in civil courts to make it worth your time and money. Definitely squewed torward the bad guys.
I'm in a situation where someone broke a legal and binding contract for services. Everyone pretty much agrees but it would cost so much to sue that i'd be lucky to break even.
We need national legalcare! I'm serious!
You can use Small Claims and WIN but then you have to collect and with a guy like this you'll just be pissin in the wind.

Best thing you can do is If you and a few buddies can get him face to face compel him to give you whatever he has in sight on the spot.

Not advocating violence or weapons or anything. Just tell him you're calling the cops unless. These low lifes are cowards and will whatever they can. If you do call the cops unless there are warrants out they'll just tell you it a civil matter.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:15 PM
BOB WINSKI
Melting Slicks

Received 84 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Vega$Vette
You can use Small Claims and WIN but then you have to collect and with a guy like this you'll just be pissin in the wind.

Best thing you can do is If you and a few buddies can get him face to face compel him to give you whatever he has in sight on the spot.

Not advocating violence or weapons or anything. Just tell him you're calling the cops unless. These low lifes are cowards and will whatever they can. If you do call the cops unless there are warrants out they'll just tell you it a civil matter.
:smas h:
Old 01-23-2012, 04:17 PM
wmf62
Race Director

Received 727 Likes on 621 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Originally Posted by BOB WINSKI
:smas h:
OJ tried that, and you know how well it worked for him...
Bill

Get notified of new replies

To 0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]

Old 01-23-2012, 04:46 PM
MiguelsC2
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10-'12-'13

Originally Posted by John McGraw
Pay Pal has always taken care of me on any dispute. They just recently reimbursed me for a purchase where the guy tried to stiff me. The key to getting a refund from PayPal is to use their automated dispute system, and not allowing too much time to pass. If I am doing business with someone that I do not have a history with, I have a fairly short fuse before I will file a dispute resolution. In a case like this, there is absolutely no chance of getting reimbursement from PayPal after several months. I would never let more than 2 weeks pass before filing a claim.
The last claim I filed, was less than 5 days from filing, to the funds being credited back to my account. They give the seller a very limited time to respond with their side of the story.

Regards, John McGraw
They have a 45 day window for claims. After that, you have to persue it through your credit card company.

If it came from your bank account? Small claims is your only option short of vigilantisim.

Acts of God do happen sometimes.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:49 PM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,194 Likes on 704 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

moved to the new Feedback forum...PMd OP
Old 02-15-2012, 12:33 AM
lesone1
1st Gear

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I have to share my current situation with a vendor on this forum that has left me hanging out to dry on an order i placed over 3 months ago.

I placed an order with an ebay vendor that claims "zero offset" willwood disc brakes.
I used him once before so i just called him rather then go through ebay.
He has online web based business
1. www.hotrodsusa.com
2. www.gorillaperformance.com
3. www.zerooffset.com
4. http://www.speedenames.com/
5. http://www.partscityusa.com/
6. http://www.deanoshiro.com/

along with a bunch of other names pointing to the same links.

He is very knowledgeable on disc brake conversions.

the vendor goes by the ebay name "hotrodspeedandcustom" in washington and has of recent changed his ebay name to "speedenames" along with location being nevada state line......

I paid for the order in August 2011 (complete 4 wheel disc brake conversion for 1963 corvette) via bank wire transfer as the vendor preferred.

The vendor acknowledged receiving the funds on sept 2 2011 and said he would let me know as soon as it was ready for shipment.

I never got any word on the shipment and in October i finally tried contacting the vendor only to learn his phone has been disconnected. WTF.

Finally in November after exhausting multiple emails i find him on ebay and contact him via ebay.

He actually answers the email and claims he was involved in a move to a new state and was bad timing.
Said it would be two weeks to sort it all out.
Now, since he dodged me since september, changed phone numbers and never informed me of my order or his move do you think i should worry?

I gave him the benefit of the doubt but for him to say two more weeks was trying my patients.

2 weeks pass and i call him from his new phone number provided on ebay. He is too busy to talk and treats my order like it is not priority and says he will call me in the morning as his computer systems are down.
He never called. So i call him back a day later.
He says he will call me first thing in the morning again once he finds my order in one of his 40ft trailers.
He never calls and now when i call the number it is never answered.

Here i am in december, one month later and still no call back, no email and no $2500.00 brake order.

i have a restoration shop doing a full resto on my 1963 vette and they are now held up on my brake order which i went out of my way to get.

The resto shop is small and it is hard to keep staff with no work going on.

As you can see this has caused great pressure on me and has made my resto an unpleasant experience all because of this brake order.

I only now learn that Dean Oshiro is a member of this forum!

so what gives here??

is this fair?

ami wrong to be pissed off??

what do i do now?

I have his picture, his banking info, his address, phone number and name.

This guy has me puzzled as to why he would take my money like this with such an open book on his identity.
I couldn't help to chime in on this guy.. I am very pissed off also. I found this forum by looking up his name and BBB.. I am a ford owner and also bought stuff from this guy and have not received anything from him. I sent my cashiers check since july.. Since then he moved to LA to a speed shop and they had a falling out. So then he moved Back to washington.. He's been giving me the same run around also. Now he's not answering my calls. I faxed him friday and called him yesterday and today.. NO ANSWER. Here's my thread on the ford forums. Please don't bash me cuz i have a ford. i'm already having a hard time with this situation.. Good Luck to you and hope you have some info for me. I call this place that uses the same building as him called Cost Less Auto Parts and talked to the manager robert and told him my situation. #360-836-1089.. He said to call his work tomorrow and they can directly transfer us to Dean so he won't see who's calling. Robert said he's seen him thereon the hours he says he's there on his site. I just really hope we get our parts from this dirtbag. Here is my Thread http://www.fordmuscleforums.com/gala...otrod-usa.html

Again please let me know if you get a hold of him.. Here's the #'s i have 360-326-3156 and his magic jack is 702-347-7775.. Thanks again

Quick Reply: 0GorillaPerformance aka DeanOshiro aka hotrodsusa [Dispute]