C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for input.... does an LS7 TB/Intake manifold work on an LS3?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 01:05 PM
Nick996
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Looking for input.... does an LS7 TB/Intake manifold work on an LS3?

I'm trying to use OE parts on my 2011 GS to get some inexpensive gains. The price of aftermarket parts are just insane for the gains they give.

$900 for a Fast intake manifold isn't a bargin IMO.

If the LS7 TB/Intake manifold doesn't fit, what are the gains for porting the LS3 OE TB/Intake manifold?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:11 PM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick996
I'm trying to use OE parts on my 2011 GS to get some inexpensive gains. The price of aftermarket parts are just insane for the gains they give.

$900 for a Fast intake manifold isn't a bargin IMO.

If the LS7 TB/Intake manifold doesn't fit, what are the gains for porting the LS3 OE TB/Intake manifold?
No, you can not directly swap out your LS3 Intake Manifold for the LS7. The port dimensions are different between them. Here are a few pictures that shows the two side by side.

LS7 (left) and LS3 (right). The overall length and width are the same but the LS7 has a flatter profile.

Here you can see the port dimensions are different. (LS7 on left)

Here is a close up of the ports side by side. (LS7 on left)

This illustration from CompCams is very helpful.

The LS7 and LS3 throttle bodies are the same model for your year.

Having your current LS3 throttle body and intake manifold ported is very worthwhile. Basic porting of your intake manifold will gain 7-11 rwhp and Radical porting will gain 12-16 rwhp. For the difference between the two you can go to our web site at http://www.peakspeedshop.com/

Porting your throttle body generally gains a few more horsepower, but you will benefit most by the crisper throttle response.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:13 PM
0peakspeedshop
Former Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

By the way, Peak Speed Shop is offering a deal on porting right now. We are a Supporting Vendor of the Corvette Forum. You can check out our special at the following thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-t...y-porting.html

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for input.... does an LS7 TB/Intake manifold work on an LS3?

Quick Reply: Looking for input.... does an LS7 TB/Intake manifold work on an LS3?