C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sts turbo's

Old 07-31-2011, 10:57 PM
coastgambler
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sts turbo's

I recently bought a c5 w/twin sts turbo's, I am having two problems, fitst, the clutch sticks around mid pedal and wont work until you take your foot and pull the pedal back up, this happens when getting down hard on the shifting, is this a problem with power from the turbo's, or just a clutch problem?
2nd, the belts came off the harmonic balancer pully, is this from power also, is there any upgrades that need to be done that might not have been done when the turbo's were installed? I dont know much of the history about this car as I bought it from a dealer, (or having turbo's).

Thank you, Leroy
Old 08-01-2011, 02:01 AM
Choose1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Niether problem has anything to do with your turbos.

The clutch problem more than likely is your master cylinder, may be your slave cylinder. But is definately in your clutch hydraulic system. Do a search for "ranger method" and start by replacing your fluid, cheap and easy.

Your belt problem is more than likely a bad pulley or tensioner. Without knowing the maintenance history of your vehicle, it wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and replace the belt, tensioner assembly and pulley and idler pulley.

Hope this helps.....
Old 08-01-2011, 02:28 AM
coastgambler
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for your help, I will give it a try and see..
Old 08-01-2011, 09:06 AM
meadowz06
Race Director

Received 959 Likes on 571 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09 and '13

With the extra power, you need to do the drill mod for the clutch slave cylinder or buy the aftermarket ones. Go to LS1.com and do a search on clutch pedal sticking. Good info there, it is no big deal. Keep your clutch fluid clean. I clean mine once a week.

Get notified of new replies

To sts turbo's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: sts turbo's