Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool

Old 05-18-2011, 05:11 PM
mac_05evo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool

Can anyone post the instructions out of the service manual or comment if you've done this, please?

I get all the way to the Program Key Fob #1 screen and can't figure out what to do from there. It says please refer to service manual for special instructions. I hit enter to get pass that screen then hit program but nothing happens. There is a step I'm missing or skipping somewhere but I do not know what to do. Can anyone help me?

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2011, 05:33 PM
mac_05evo
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I checked alldata and think I'm going to have to do several more additional steps. It mentions something about unplugging the tool and hooking it up to a Techline terminal in order to turn on "vehicle theft deterrent learn mode" and then ensuring that "Prepare RCDLR for key fob programming" is chosen. And then plugging the Tech tool back into the car.

So in short, WITH only the Tech2 tool and withOUT the techline terminal I'm screwed. Any comments? I'm trying to avoid having to flatbed my car to the dealer. I absolutely can not get the car into FOB learn mode using the manual key method described in the manual.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:43 PM
C&M Racing
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many fobs are programmed? I think 4 is the limit and if you have lost the other fobs just clear all the fobs and start again. I assume you battery is good but just to be sure the tech 2 will show battery voltage
Old 05-20-2011, 01:36 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 675 Likes on 504 Posts

Let us know how many you have gotten programmed. It may not hurt to check with the dealer as well.

Good luck with your search.

Brent
GM Customer Service

Get notified of new replies

To Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] Key FOB Programming Using Tech 2 Scan Tool