C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D1+ ECS blower cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 09:33 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
Taylor.. i have no desire to build the motor any time soon. if i can hit 700-750 rwhp semi reliably on meth, i will be happy. im looking for a Meaty power curve more then some big Peak number.
If you really want it to be reliable you need a real fuel system to support that power. Both head units will get you there with different structures.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:36 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
If you really want it to be reliable you need a real fuel system to support that power. Both head units will get you there with different structures.
im going to clone Jay for a while. BAP+ big injectors + meth.. and eventually upgrade fuel system.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:32 PM
Slvr08Z51
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My old set up worked real well.. Not real sure why it made such great tq and such a flat curve compared to most centri graphs I see.. It had an identical graph as one of taylors twin turbo cars, you could lay my graph on top and it was exactly the same.. Me and Taylor thought it was pretty impressive.. Once you start making more than 700whp, you really start spending money... Clutch, fuel system, etc. The D1 can make 800-850 easily when you build the motor, just keep the compression @ 10-10.5 I'm a big fan of the D1.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:16 AM
JBrown124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love the D1 on my car. You should take it out once I'm done with the fuel stuff. I know you'll like the way it drives.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:32 AM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
Honestly it's really a toss up. The cost to upgrade from a base kit to a F1C/R is almost as much as selling a D1SC later and buying a new F1C/R. So the biggest advantage is really in not having to change everything over.

But you will have to spend some time restricting back either F1 head unit, where as the D1SC is a perfect fit right out of the box.

Now that you are planning on doing a blower cam and methanol the F1 might be a better bet because you might get greedy later on and really want to turn it up. Especially if you have a nice forged short block ready to go.

All depends on where you plan on going with the build and in what time frame...

Playtoy, you have a video of your cam at idle? I guess I should get a good idle video huh?

This is the only idle vid I have.

Quick Reply: D1+ ECS blower cam?