C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

D1+ ECS blower cam?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Default D1+ ECS blower cam?

anyone running this combo? could you post up the dyno..
what cam's seem to give the best results with the d1?
Old 11-01-2010, 12:27 AM
JBrown124
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
anyone running this combo? could you post up the dyno..
what cam's seem to give the best results with the d1?
ECS or DP cam. I mean look at where I'm at man. You know what my car makes and how little it has done to it. I had taylor install a cam when I bought the long block from him. I'd give him a call, they seem to know what is working
Old 11-01-2010, 01:08 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by JBrown124
ECS or DP cam. I mean look at where I'm at man. You know what my car makes and how little it has done to it. I had taylor install a cam when I bought the long block from him. I'd give him a call, they seem to know what is working
Oh i know.. just trying to narrow down which is my best option.. if my cam is already coming out, i want to make sure i go with the best one.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:44 AM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ECS has a nice blower cam also. It's a little smaller than ours. We kept trying combinations trying to get as large as possible while still meeting virtually perfect street manners. No bucking, surging, or idle issues.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:54 AM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
ECS has a nice blower cam also. It's a little smaller than ours. We kept trying combinations trying to get as large as possible while still meeting virtually perfect street manners. No bucking, surging, or idle issues.
I know Jay had the QM550 which typically isnt a blower cam, and made KILLER mid range and a nice fat power curve on his D1... how do your cams compare to it? i know you have done a million combos, any chance you can post up a dyno of a D1 ls3 with one of your cams?

having a z51 the drop on shifts is bigger then a coupe/z0 ratio, so im trying to beaf up the power band in the middle some with out losing top end, having it hold flat power as close to 7k as possible..
Old 11-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Malu59RT
Instructor

I know Jay had the QM550 which typically isnt a blower cam, and made KILLER mid range and a nice fat power curve on his D1... how do your cams compare to it? i know you have done a million combos, any chance you can post up a dyno of a D1 ls3 with one of your cams?

having a z51 the drop on shifts is bigger then a coupe/z0 ratio, so im trying to beaf up the power band in the middle some with out losing top end, having it hold flat power as close to 7k as possible..
So we can do 60 punches again ?

Old 11-01-2010, 02:22 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
So we can do 60 punches again ?

no 60 is WAY to high up in 2nd for me 50 sounds good to me
Old 11-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Jutskin
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

I am running a D1 with a ECS baby blower cam meth and a 3.55 pulley. made over 700 thru an auto. You will also at that point need a fuel system and semi need numerous other things. Take it slow with hp and maybe upgrade other links in your drivetrain before big power with high boost levels. It's tough but in the end you will not regret it.
You cannot lose with ECS or Taylor. Standup guys in a public forum.....tough to beat.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:43 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Jutskin
I am running a D1 with a ECS baby blower cam meth and a 3.55 pulley. made over 700 thru an auto. You will also at that point need a fuel system and semi need numerous other things. Take it slow with hp and maybe upgrade other links in your drivetrain before big power with high boost levels. It's tough but in the end you will not regret it.
You cannot lose with ECS or Taylor. Standup guys in a public forum.....tough to beat.
im shooting for 700+ rwhp. i want the car to be faster then it was on bottle. big injectors, BAP and meth. so we will see how she does.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Malu59RT
Instructor

no 60 is WAY to high up in 2nd for me 50 sounds good to me
Plenty of torque for 3rd gear though
Old 11-01-2010, 03:55 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Malu59RT
Plenty of torque for 3rd gear though
no thank you
Old 11-01-2010, 04:09 PM
ysb02
Drifting

Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts

Why don't you just go for the F1D to get more midrange?
Old 11-01-2010, 04:11 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by ysb02
Why don't you just go for the F1D to get more midrange?
Several people who know Fi have reccomended for my goals to stick with a D1sc.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:46 PM
playtoy
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Jutskin
Good advise here. I took my stock LS2 to Taylor and had him cam it with a D1SC and meth. Car made 696rwhp with a 4.25" pulley. I took it home and I snaped the rear end the first night. Then I was down for another 2 weeks. I would get your drivetrain sorted out first and then drop it off with Taylor and let him work his magic. You won't regret going with a Dallas Performance cam.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:04 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by playtoy
Good advise here. I took my stock LS2 to Taylor and had him cam it with a D1SC and meth. Car made 696rwhp with a 4.25" pulley. I took it home and I snaped the rear end the first night. Then I was down for another 2 weeks. I would get your drivetrain sorted out first and then drop it off with Taylor and let him work his magic. You won't regret going with a Dallas Performance cam.

I know taylor is a bad ***, but i have my own bad *** in my corner..
Old 11-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

shown here, P1SC and ECS blower cam, this is the last setup with the P1SC still in the mix a couple of years back... Sorry never had a D1, we went from the P1 to a F1C then to the F1R. I was VERY happy with the ECS cam, and I am now very VERY happy with my Dallas Performance cam. IMHO you can't go wrong with either choice on cam... Now for mid range, a larger headunit than the D1 should be considered. If you run a F1C, and restrict it, you could have CRAZY torque and high end future potential... but you already knew my answer...

Old 11-01-2010, 08:27 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Mr.Big
shown here, P1SC and ECS blower cam, this is the last setup with the P1SC still in the mix a couple of years back... Sorry never had a D1, we went from the P1 to a F1C then to the F1R. I was VERY happy with the ECS cam, and I am now very VERY happy with my Dallas Performance cam. IMHO you can't go wrong with either choice on cam... Now for mid range, a larger headunit than the D1 should be considered. If you run a F1C, and restrict it, you could have CRAZY torque and high end future potential... but you already knew my answer...

yup.. but according to taylor.. im better off with a D1sc over an f1a or c on a stock motor...

Get notified of new replies

To D1+ ECS blower cam?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:51 PM
Mr.Big
Safety Car

yup.. but according to taylor.. im better off with a D1sc over an f1a or c on a stock motor...
Don't listen to that guy
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 PM
0Taylor@DallasPerformance
Former Vendor

Honestly it's really a toss up. The cost to upgrade from a base kit to a F1C/R is almost as much as selling a D1SC later and buying a new F1C/R. So the biggest advantage is really in not having to change everything over.

But you will have to spend some time restricting back either F1 head unit, where as the D1SC is a perfect fit right out of the box.

Now that you are planning on doing a blower cam and methanol the F1 might be a better bet because you might get greedy later on and really want to turn it up. Especially if you have a nice forged short block ready to go.

All depends on where you plan on going with the build and in what time frame...

Playtoy, you have a video of your cam at idle? I guess I should get a good idle video huh?
Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Taylor@DallasPerformance
Honestly it's really a toss up. The cost to upgrade from a base kit to a F1C/R is almost as much as selling a D1SC later and buying a new F1C/R. So the biggest advantage is really in not having to change everything over.

But you will have to spend some time restricting back either F1 head unit, where as the D1SC is a perfect fit right out of the box.

Now that you are planning on doing a blower cam and methanol the F1 might be a better bet because you might get greedy later on and really want to turn it up. Especially if you have a nice forged short block ready to go.

All depends on where you plan on going with the build and in what time frame...

Playtoy, you have a video of your cam at idle? I guess I should get a good idle video huh?

Taylor.. i have no desire to build the motor any time soon. if i can hit 700-750 rwhp semi reliably on meth, i will be happy. im looking for a Meaty power curve more then some big Peak number.

Quick Reply: D1+ ECS blower cam?