C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Steering column reassembly

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Ggbluesman
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering column reassembly

Would any one have or know where to find a steering column diagram, or exploded view or a video that I could use to reassemble my column. I took it apart months ago and now I don't remember how some of the plastic pieces fit.
Old 08-14-2010, 01:59 PM
TA
Team Owner

Received 261 Likes on 159 Posts

This might help.

http://domesticmisfits.net/forums/vi...ring+clumn+fix
Old 08-14-2010, 04:48 PM
Ggbluesman
8th Gear

That was a great resource, exactly what I was looking for , but it was for a '92. I need the same for an '88 manual. Thank you for your effort.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:22 AM
Thomas Haab
3rd Gear

I can help,give me a couple days.I am lookin for my diagram, or it is in my brain ,I am in process of rebuilding two steering columns 1984 tilt telescopic.Ya know the two feeler contacts held by a black steel spring clip? OK, Dissasembly of the tilt ,the toothed rack's left and right are different,and a spring clip of black steel is there.Looks the same type of spring steel I just said holding the feelers for horn etc.So confused more,I will get to it all .I will I promise.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:38 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,255 Likes on 2,018 Posts

Originally Posted by Thomas Haab
I can help,give me a couple days.I am lookin for my diagram, or it is in my brain ,I am in process of rebuilding two steering columns 1984 tilt telescopic.Ya know the two feeler contacts held by a black steel spring clip? OK, Dissasembly of the tilt ,the toothed rack's left and right are different,and a spring clip of black steel is there.Looks the same type of spring steel I just said holding the feelers for horn etc.So confused more,I will get to it all .I will I promise.
That request was 36 months ago. I'd think it's likely "history" by now!

Get notified of new replies

To Steering column reassembly

Quick Reply: Steering column reassembly