C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code PO315

Old 03-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Redrocket1045
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Code PO315

Forum Members: Your Help is needed.
Today, I started up my 2007 C6 and I noticed the CEL. I have a PO315, which I believe refers to the crankshaft position sensor problem. The car runs flawless - no hicups of any kind and has been running fine for a long time and the engine has not been modded in over a year and a half.

I disconnected the battery for 30 minutes or so and that didn't help. Before I consider taking the car to the stealership, what do you guys think I should do? I could probably take it to AutoZone. Maybe they could erase the CEL or the CEL could come back on? Thanks.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:04 PM
martysauto
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

You need to have the crank position relearned.
Here are some possible causes for p0315

Important: The CKP System Variation Learn Procedure may have to be repeated up to 5 times before the procedure is learned.

Perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure. Refer to Crankshaft Position System Variation Learn. See: Crankshaft Position Sensor\Service and Repair\Procedures
If the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure cannot be performed successfully, inspect for the following conditions:
Any worn crankshaft main bearings
A damaged or misaligned reluctor wheel
Excessive crankshaft runout
A damaged crankshaft-Refer to Crankshaft and Bearings Cleaning and Inspection. See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Engine\Service and Repair\Overhaul\Component Service and Inspection\Crankshaft and Bearings Cleaning and Inspection
Interference in the signal circuit of the CKP sensor
The ignition switch is left in the ON position, until the battery is discharged
An ECM power disconnect, with the ignition ON, that may have erased the CKP system variation values and set DTC P0315
Any debris between the CKP sensor and the reluctor wheel
If the ECM is unable to complete the learn procedure, replace the ECM.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:18 AM
cranky
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by martysauto
You need to have the crank position relearned.
Here are some possible causes for p0315

Important: The CKP System Variation Learn Procedure may have to be repeated up to 5 times before the procedure is learned.

Perform the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure. Refer to Crankshaft Position System Variation Learn. See: Crankshaft Position Sensor\Service and Repair\Procedures
If the CKP System Variation Learn Procedure cannot be performed successfully, inspect for the following conditions:
Any worn crankshaft main bearings
A damaged or misaligned reluctor wheel
Excessive crankshaft runout
A damaged crankshaft-Refer to Crankshaft and Bearings Cleaning and Inspection. See: Engine, Cooling and Exhaust\Engine\Service and Repair\Overhaul\Component Service and Inspection\Crankshaft and Bearings Cleaning and Inspection
Interference in the signal circuit of the CKP sensor
The ignition switch is left in the ON position, until the battery is discharged
An ECM power disconnect, with the ignition ON, that may have erased the CKP system variation values and set DTC P0315
Any debris between the CKP sensor and the reluctor wheel
If the ECM is unable to complete the learn procedure, replace the ECM.
very good advice marty !!! doubt if autozone will help him out...............................way over their heads..........
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 PM
Redrocket1045
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default PO315 code

Thanks fellas. Guess it's a trip to the Chevy dealer.

Get notified of new replies

To Code PO315

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Code PO315