C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A friend just me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb

Old 03-10-2002, 12:18 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb

I just got this Holley mech carb from a friend! For free! :D
Im not too sure what model it is. She was given the carb as an extra when she bought the car. I cant find many numbers on it, and dont think im gonna have luck IDing it since the choke tower has been machined off.
The numbers i could find are:
P-32 on the side of the body with the linkage and a little R-5 on the other side.
GR5534B right inside the flange for the air filter
7067 5 on the flange mounted to the carb
Here are some pictures

Can anyone tell what model this is...I am presuming a 4150, but i cant tell what CFM...any clues??
Regardless ill throw it on and see how it works out
Thanks
Chris

[Modified by 74VETTE, 11:20 PM 3/9/2002]

[Modified by 74VETTE, 11:27 PM 3/9/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 12:47 AM
tsw71
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (74VETTE)

Turn the carb upside down and measure the diameter of the throttle plate bores and then look it up on the holley web site, or just post the resilts here and we'll look it up for ya.

Old 03-10-2002, 12:55 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (74VETTE)

Nice score. :cool:
Old 03-10-2002, 01:31 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (The Dude)

Thanks guys...
the primaries and secondaries are both 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Where on Holleys site can i find this??

Chris
Old 03-10-2002, 01:44 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

The model numbers were probably on the choke horn before it was milled off. I wish I had a clue on what size it is, check out the Holley website they have a ton of information out there, unfortunately it is sort of hard to find and pick through. Good Luck
Old 03-10-2002, 02:09 AM
The Dude
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's a section called "Carburetor Technical Information" or something buried on the Holley site. I believe you need a PDF reader to view it.

However, I have a printed Holley catalog with those pages in it right here. Funny, but I've gone down the list twice and I can't see any 4150s (double-pumpers) listed with 1 1/2" throttle bore diameters primary and secondary. Plenty of them have venturi diameters of 1 1/2" on both sides. Are you measuring the throttle bore from the bottom?

If I had to guess based on the listed carbs with the 1 1/2" throttle bore size you've given, I'd say it MIGHT be in the 600-650 CFM range.

I tried, anyhow...
Old 03-10-2002, 02:51 AM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (The Dude)

Thanks Dude...
I found that pdf file and looked through it and couldnt find much either...
im flipping the carb over and measuring the diameter or the "barrel" I would guess you would call them :confused:

DAMN!! I just realized i was using the feeler gauge and reading it as if it were the outside diameter of something...ahhh... i guess its just too late...LoL measured it properly, im coming up with 1 11/16. There seems to be quite a few 750's and some 780's with 1 11/16, and some as low as 600 though.
here is what im measuring---->
Old 03-10-2002, 12:17 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here's the link for what you need. http://www.holley.com/HiOctn/ProdLine/CarbList.pdf

It is a downloadable PDF file. The bore diameters are found in the last two columns on the far right of the chart. Are you sure that it is 1-1/2? According to the chart, it would be anything from a 450 to a 600, but no bigger than that. The chart also lists numbers for just about every part(bowls, nozzles,metering plates, ect...), so maybe you'll be able to figure it out that way.Good luck. :)

Tom

(EDIT)
oops, I did not see that The Dude had already posted this info. It's way too early in morning for me right now :D

[Modified by tsw71, 8:21 AM 3/10/2002]
Old 03-10-2002, 03:07 PM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (tsw71)

hey chris i just realized is there a port off of the metering plate for vacuum for the distributor? i see one under for full vacuum for the trans.which you wont use because you have a stick ,unless it has threads in the metering plate for a fitting to screw into so you can use the ported vacuum.
Old 03-10-2002, 05:29 PM
CDaniel525
Melting Slicks

Default Re: A friend just gave me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb (pats406nitrovette)

it turned out that i measured the diameter wrong...it was too late at night and i was reading the feel gauge is if it was an outside diameter, so when it was read right, it was 1 11/16, which is a few 600's, but most are 750's and 780's according to that PDF file.

Pat, Im not sure what you mean?? in the picture above im using both of the vacuum ports.....the large one for power brake booster, and one for the valve cover. I have the vacuum advance hooked into the other port that is capped in the picture above. I know have to figure out where to hook in one more port actually.

I threw the carb on just a little while ago. Of course the fuel line leaked like a seave, but i put on some leak lock on the flare, and teflon on the threads. The worked perfect. Then i couldnt get it to idle. but realized the secondaries stop was holding them open slightly. Took the carb back off, adjusted that real quick and threw it back on. Runs great soo far! I had to tear out my forced ram air cause the air cleaner didnt work with this carb. So once i steal my K&N drop base 14x3 back from my dad, ill throw it on and see how it drives. I can tell one thing for sure...this carb pumps a lot more gas than my edelbrock does! When its running it spools up soo much quicker whether I give it enough throttle to open the scondaries or not.
Cant wait to give it a run around the block :p:

Get notified of new replies

To A friend just me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A friend just me a free Holley mech. double pumper carb