Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

Meguiars waterless car wash?

Old 03-06-2002, 11:13 PM
MrVegas
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguiars waterless car wash?

I thought I saw a post recently that talked about a detailing product called Meguiars waterless car wash. I'm looking for something that you can spray on and wipe off when washing isn't convenient. I know there's lots of stuff like Griot's Speed Shine etc ... I was looking for something a little less intense that was just a quick car wash substitute. I'm new at this so be patient with my ignorance. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2002, 07:44 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,765 Likes on 968 Posts

Default Re: Meguiars waterless car wash? (MrVegas)

Most of the "waterless" car wash products use abrasives and a high amount of oil, what the oil does is cover or fill the scratches that you made on your finish from not using water. If your car is dusty from sitting in the garage and has not been driven then it's ok to use a quick detailer, but once you have road dirt on the car your better off washing the car. Your car is white which "hides" swirls and light scratches very well, the C5's paint is very soft and you need to really take special care to keep it looking that way. :)
Old 03-07-2002, 10:27 AM
jerryv
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I absolutely agree with Carl. Using a waterless car wash is just asking for trouble. Rubbing that dirt around on your paint is what screws up the gloss.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:09 AM
GShyneDM
Race Director

i wouldnt trust it
Old 03-08-2002, 07:48 PM
duckvett
Safety Car

Received 907 Likes on 462 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Winner - Unmodified
2018 C6 of Year Winner

I've not heard of waterless car wash from Meguiar's. Quik Detailer (maroon bottle) and Final Inspection (tan bottle) are good for cleaning up dust & bug guts, but I would never use them in place of washing with soap and water. I have tried Dri-Wash & Guard, but was not impressed enough to use it on the Corvette. On the other hand, I know a DW&G distributor in Boise who has not washed his Black ZR1 with water in years and he consistently kicks butt in the best paint catagory. Go figure.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:33 PM
Corvettedon
Melting Slicks

Default Re: Meguiars waterless car wash? (duckvett)

My IROC has never seen water from a bucket and it is 12 years old. However, I don't drive it! And, when I did, I always wiped it with a quick detailer immediately. My C5 has yet to see a bucket either. But, it also gets wiped following each outing. So, depending on how you use the car, it is "possible" not to use water and a hose. However, I would never use a waterless car wash on a car that is driven daily or sees rain. Kozak makes a towel that is supposed to be waterless. Mid America sells it. I've tried it. Again, I would never use a waterless product on a daily driver. Those rags IMO are worthless even for show cars.

Get notified of new replies

To Meguiars waterless car wash?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meguiars waterless car wash?