C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

1992 AC Programmer module needed

Old 09-02-2009, 12:06 AM
gapetto30
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1992 AC Programmer module needed

My AC compresser does not work - compresser is good. I have been told that my AC Programmer module is bad - everything works with my climate control system except the AC - compressar will not engage. I purchased a part #16088751, which I was told is the proper orginal GM part #. I attempted to install it but the electrical connector does not match with what is currently in my vehicle - the connector on the programmer module I purchased is much smaller than the one currently in my vehicle and the electrical wiring harness that connects to it is much bigger -no way will they match up. Does anyone know what AC programmer part number I should purchase for a 1992 and where I can get it? Thanks!!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:49 AM
toptechx6
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Do you have manual or electronic climate control? The part number you list should be correct for the manual system, if you have the electronic system the number I show is 16169797. GM indicates it is no longer available, you may want to try forum vendor vette2vette.

Last edited by toptechx6; 09-02-2009 at 05:06 AM. Reason: info added
Old 09-02-2009, 08:38 AM
pcolt94
Le Mans Master

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Default Additional Information

No doubt the programmer could be bad but there are several other items can cause the compressor not to start. Set A/C in car to on. I would check out the cycling switch by removing the connector and connect the two wires in the plug together to see if it starts. If it does, possible bad switch or low freon.

If there is no effect, the dark green/white wire to the same connector (if wire colors are same for 92 as 94) can be grounded. This in effect will be doing the same as the programmer (bypassing the cycling switch also) does to give a signal to the ECM to start the compressor. If the compressor does start, this will basically confirm ECM, A/C relay and associated wiring are good. In that case the programmer might be the problem. If the compressor does not start the problem might be else where.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:02 PM
SunCr
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Year does have a problem with the Low Pressure Switch connector. Assuming no codes for Low Gas, it's the more logical place to start. Make sure the switch contacts are closed by placing a DVM across it's terminals. If so, jumpering the harness connector terminals should complete the circuit and get it running. Then try holding the connector onto the switch and wriggling it around. If that fixes it - albeit probably only temporarily - replace the switch/connector.

Get notified of new replies

To 1992 AC Programmer module needed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1992 AC Programmer module needed