C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?

Old 08-18-2009, 10:58 AM
Bob1970
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?

How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit? Only 1/4 inch long but maybe 1/32nd deep!
I thought I was under fire, the report was incredible. If the wife didn't have the window closed while on the freeway she would have been hurt!
Old 08-18-2009, 11:56 AM
MNVette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob1970
How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit? Only 1/4 inch long but maybe 1/32nd deep!
I thought I was under fire, the report was incredible. If the wife didn't have the window closed while on the freeway she would have been hurt!
You don't, short of either taking the car to a body shop to replace the glass. If you have full coverage w/ glass coverage, take it in to be replaced. Hopefully, you'll have a $0 deductible.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
CQRT
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 295 Likes on 237 Posts

There are some pummice stones and grinders you can use along with a polishing compound to get out light scratches - - but I'm not sure about something that deep. I'm amazed frankly, that it didn't fracture!

Side glass is pretty available from auto recyclers . . .you might want to consider replacing it if your insurance company won't cover it.
Old 08-18-2009, 12:33 PM
TBonez
2005 Beast
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Depending upon where your from it may be different, but here in FL most insurance companies take care of a full windshield replacement free of charge. They even have companies that will come out to your house and replace your entire windshield for free. But again, depending upon what state your in....

Get notified of new replies

To How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How do I repair a deep scratch in my side window from rock hit?