C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

any one with nos?

Old 08-03-2008, 11:00 PM
NARIMAN
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default any one with nos?

anyone uses NOS
one shop suggested me $1000 include install up to 125hp
how dangerous it is?
should i do it on stock c6, or go with other mods? nad avoid NOS
any suggestions.
iam new to this, and it sound scary to do that
Old 08-04-2008, 07:21 AM
C7-Beast
Safety Car

Received 331 Likes on 201 Posts

I don't have NOS but I hear it is safe if you install the right kind of system and you don't push too much power. I have heard that wet systems are better than dry systems. I think systems that are just a plate around the TB have been known to blow out the back of the plastic manifolds. I'd call a company specializing in NOS and LS engines to get their opinion. Of course adding NOS will void your engine warranty if you were to blow it up.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:57 AM
C6 ROLLER
Burning Brakes

Put a PROCHARGER set-up on your car and if your still not happy then add the spray. I choose not to use spray on my build but the engine can handle it. Actually the bottle set-up will not fit in the back of my car being that I have to put my wheelchair there. At first I wanted it so that I can purge the lines at a red light. It's the little things in life that makes me smile

Last edited by C6 ROLLER; 08-04-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:30 AM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

After you install the giggle gas make sure you mount a big honking fire extinguisher!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:56 AM
AintQik
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

This is one of thoses topics that brings out the internet racers like moths to a flame. Talk to somebody who knows what they are doing and actually has some real experience "GASP".

I don't run Nitrous, NOS or NAWZ if you must so I'm not one of those people with real experience. I do know enough about it to make decisions on my builds so I can share some of the reasons my FI cars are supercharged.

Its just as safe as anything else if its done right. To do it right though, it takes some time and money. Can things go wrong? Sure, but things went wrong on my stock motor too.

After its all said and done a good kit is going to cost more than a supercharger, if you are in it. I'm always in my car and I would hate to have to fill up $40 every 2 weeks or so. So, for me, a guy that is always wanting the car screaming, its not worth it. I would have to fill bottles all the time and go through the hassle.

Nitrous is a rush, its cool stuff, I just like my spooled power better. My good buddy Spin uses Nitrous, every time he is in the car I might add and loves it. It has not exploded in a firey mess either. Perhaps he can state the reasons why he LIKES it to help in your decision.
Old 08-04-2008, 11:25 AM
FloydSummerOf68
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by AintQik
This is one of thoses topics that brings out the internet racers like moths to a flame. Talk to somebody who knows what they are doing and actually has some real experience "GASP".

I don't run Nitrous, NOS or NAWZ if you must so I'm not one of those people with real experience. I do know enough about it to make decisions on my builds so I can share some of the reasons my FI cars are supercharged.

Its just as safe as anything else if its done right. To do it right though, it takes some time and money. Can things go wrong? Sure, but things went wrong on my stock motor too.

After its all said and done a good kit is going to cost more than a supercharger, if you are in it. I'm always in my car and I would hate to have to fill up $40 every 2 weeks or so. So, for me, a guy that is always wanting the car screaming, its not worth it. I would have to fill bottles all the time and go through the hassle.

Nitrous is a rush, its cool stuff, I just like my spooled power better. My good buddy Spin uses Nitrous, every time he is in the car I might add and loves it. It has not exploded in a firey mess either. Perhaps he can state the reasons why he LIKES it to help in your decision.

You would have to use an insane amount of nitrous to cost more than a supercharger...like over 100 bottles.

Nitrous can be very safe and adds a ton of power.

Do a proper setup and you wont have anymore to worry about than any other power-adder. Expect to spend ~750-1000 bucks for a good, safe dry kit (depending on which system you go with). Look to spend a couple hundred more for a quality plate setup.

By the way, Nitrous is a power adder....NOS is a brand.

Last edited by FloydSummerOf68; 08-04-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
AintQik
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FloydSummerOf68
You would have to use an insane amount of nitrous
Yes, yes I would

$700 is a very basic kit and I like to run dry as well. Start adding things like a nice billet bottle holder that makes it easy to unstrap(almost a must), a 15 pound bottle (must have), blanket (must), remote opener (nice, cool, not required), gauges (must), A/F monitor (must in my book), a better, safer AKA Spin's kit to engage (must in my book) you reduce that 100 bottles to about 40. You can do it on the cheap but...
Old 08-08-2008, 11:24 PM
NARIMAN
Burning Brakes

thanks
i like the idea of nitrous, but why not to many people use it, and people prefer to spend money on other mods?
by the way do i need other mods to run nitrous system
Old 08-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Wayne O
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tailshe
thanks
i like the idea of nitrous, but why not to many people use it, and people prefer to spend money on other mods?
by the way do i need other mods to run nitrous system
I know one guy that uses nitrous and no problems...so far. That said, I wouldn't touch it...I've seen guys trash their engines using nitrous. I can see using it if you're a serious drag racer but in street car you care about...no way! Like with most every forced induction application, you can only push a stock, cast-piston engine so far beyond its design tolerances before there's a problem. The only good thing I can say about nitrous is it's cheap.

Just my opinion...do what you want to your car.

Get notified of new replies

To any one with nos?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: any one with nos?