C6 Scan & Tune Onboard Diagnostics, Service Advice, Dyno Tuning, and Fuel Management for the Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GMLAN error

Old 06-04-2008, 12:54 AM
Tag_sk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GMLAN error

I have a 05 Corvette A4, it runs great, but I have a problem using a data logging tool or code reader- unable to read vehicle information. I took it to a shop that had a snap on scan tool and was able to get 3 codes; P0700 Transmission Control Module Requested MIL illumination, U2100 Controller Area Network Bus Communication, and U2105 Lost Communication with Engine Control Module. Codes where cleared and later that day I was able to log some data, but the next day I tried again and was unable to get vehicle information again. I noticed when the shop's scan tool was connected and then disconnected the driver information center on the dash alternated between Service Active Handling System & Service Traction Control System, but after a restart they did not appear again. What do I need to do to fix this?
Old 06-04-2008, 08:18 AM
patton
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Originally Posted by Tag_sk
I have a 05 Corvette A4, it runs great, but I have a problem using a data logging tool or code reader- unable to read vehicle information. I took it to a shop that had a snap on scan tool and was able to get 3 codes; P0700 Transmission Control Module Requested MIL illumination, U2100 Controller Area Network Bus Communication, and U2105 Lost Communication with Engine Control Module. Codes where cleared and later that day I was able to log some data, but the next day I tried again and was unable to get vehicle information again. I noticed when the shop's scan tool was connected and then disconnected the driver information center on the dash alternated between Service Active Handling System & Service Traction Control System, but after a restart they did not appear again. What do I need to do to fix this?
are your scanners/tools CAN able ? i use a snapon mgt 2500 on my 07 z and do not get those messages when hooked up. have you had a CEL ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GMLAN error