C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Sounds like if you want a special discount on the C7 you should go buy something besides a C6 now .... then maybe GM will send you a nice discount coupon in a couple of years.
Now thats funny!
Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
mcwire
Melting Slicks

Default In addition to "supplier pricing" ????

I doubt that this $3,000 offer, is on top of "supplier pricing". -- If not, then "supplier" is a better deal. -- For those shopping - check it out. -- --
Old 05-27-2008, 07:20 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by mcwire
I doubt that this $3,000 offer, is on top of "supplier pricing". -- If not, then "supplier" is a better deal. -- For those shopping - check it out. -- --
When I called they said its applicable with GM Supplier. Invoice is within $200 of Invoice anyway so either way the $2-3K is a phenominal help to the lucky "***** Wonka Golden Certificate" holders..
Old 05-27-2008, 07:29 PM
c6chaz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i also called GM! THERE ANSWER WAS ! IN THE NORTHEAST NO INCENTIVES AT THIS TIME! THE $3000 WAS FOR CERTAIN PARTS OF THE COUNTRY? ON VETTES?
Old 05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
mcwire
Melting Slicks

Default Clarification.

Originally Posted by MONTVALEGOLF
When I called they said its applicable with GM Supplier. Invoice is within $200 of Invoice anyway so either way the $2-3K is a phenominal help to the lucky "***** Wonka Golden Certificate" holders..
I'm still a little confused -- On my 07, the MSRP was just over $53k and with "supplier", I bought it for $47,700 = a savings of $5,300 +. - Assuming a similar priced 08 -- The savings would be $5,300 + $3,000 = Total savings of $8,300. Am I correct ?? -- EDIT -- Kerbeck is offering $7K off on certain 08 coupes, and $8K on verts, so I guess, this all makes sense.

Last edited by mcwire; 05-27-2008 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Kerbeck deals.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:19 PM
MONTVALEGOLF
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '12, '15

Originally Posted by mcwire
I'm still a little confused -- On my 07, the MSRP was just over $53k and with "supplier", I bought it for $47,700 = a savings of $5,300 +. - Assuming a similar priced 08 -- The savings would be $5,300 + $3,000 = Total savings of $8,300. Am I correct ?? -- EDIT -- Kerbeck is offering $7K off on certain 08 coupes, and $8K on verts, so I guess, this all makes sense.
You are correct...but the $3000 certificate is up and above any best deal that you are able to negotiate whether it's GM Supplier, Invoice or whatever. As long as your certificate is Corvette applicable its an added bonus rebate, even if you were buying a Z06.
Old 05-27-2008, 08:22 PM
mcwire
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by MONTVALEGOLF
You are correct...but the $3000 certificate is up and above any best deal that you are able to negotiate whether it's GM Supplier, Invoice or whatever. As long as your certificate is Corvette applicable its an added bonus rebate, even if you were buying a Z06.
-- Thanks -- --
Old 05-27-2008, 09:09 PM
Amped
Instructor

So what mailing list does GM have access to so that they can send these 3k rebates to their "target group" of non GM owners? Do they trade or sell owner registries with BMW, Porsche, Ford, etc.?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

GM doesn't have any car people making these programs. This is why they are in the shape that they are in. It is about time they step up and start taking care of the people who are repeat buyers of Corvettes.

I will be willing to say that 80% of new Corvette sales come from customers who have owned a Corvette before.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:30 PM
PAmotorman
Melting Slicks

Received 150 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by c6chaz
i also called GM! THERE ANSWER WAS ! IN THE NORTHEAST NO INCENTIVES AT THIS TIME! THE $3000 WAS FOR CERTAIN PARTS OF THE COUNTRY? ON VETTES?
since 1953 i have bought 30 new chevy cars and trucks plus 11 new corvettes and i did not get this offer. i have had over $3500 on my GM credit card BUT they would never let me use all of it on a new corvette

Last edited by PAmotorman; 05-27-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:34 PM
IRS-Cop
Racer

Originally Posted by jschindler
I have a problem with any incentive that is aimed at "new" conquest buyers. The message to me is that its okay for someone who has not been a loyal customer to buy a car for $3,000 less than someone who has been a loyal customer. I thought it was the other way around. I'm sitting at a Holiday Inn right now and they went out of their way to look up my priority club membership - so that I can get rewards for staying with them . Not so they can find out I'm a loyal customer and charge me more than the guy in line behind me!
It's the same way with Sprint. A brand new customer has no problem getting a free phone after rebates. However, when my agreement came up and I wanted a new phone I had to go through many hoops to get one and not be charged shipping!...lol Like you said, it's like they would rather attract new customers than worry about keeping the ones they have.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Snagle
Burning Brakes

Our C6 is not only the first Corvette we've owned, it is the first time I purchased an American car. There are many reasons I chose a C6, one of which was the fact that there were no rebates.

Rebates are a sign the vehicle is struggling in the market -- it could be due to problems, over-production or over-pricing. Regardless, rebates kill resale, devalue the vehicle and leave folks that purchased before the rebate with a lousy feeling. Likely they will not purchase vehicles from the same manufacturer again.

Rebates are a sales gimmick and I am pleased the Corvette has remained above that level. I hope the Corvette survives the tanking economy and higher fuel prices without rebates. I am not sure how much longer that will last, but it pleases me every time I see a rebate with the little asterisk that excludes the Corvette.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:15 PM
rockethead7
Racer

I think the main idea is that these are mechanisms that GM is using to test the waters with various marketing mechanisms. Their phone agents may SAY that they send them to people with cars from "competition"... but, last year I got one of those coupons (and used it) when I don't know of anyone else among my friends/family that got one. Yet, I have never owned a non-GM car in my life. (Or, maybe last year's program had a different motivation, I don't know.)

Anyway, I seroiusly doubt that ANY customer service call center phone monkey at GM knows the real marketing reasons why some people get them, and some don't. A lot of those call center employees just get something in their heads, then it spreads like wildfire until all call center employees are feeding the same line of BS because they overhear the person next to them feeding the BS. (Can you tell, I used to work at a call center with 240 people, and wow, could I ever tell you stories of completely inaccurate idiocy that is told to customers, primarily because of idiots starting some rumor that goes out of control until the entire 240 people are full of the same BS as the first idiot that started the nonsense!!!)

Bottom line, yeah, call them and ask why you didn't get one, but I wouldn't bet any money that the answer you get is accurate.

Personally, I just think GM is throwing out test marketing programs here and there to whatever demographic they choose to sample. And, if you're lucky enough to be one of the chosen ones, good, jump on it. See the evidence? One guy gets a coupon for $2000, another gets one for $3000. To me, this means that it's merely a "test" incentive. Before they go throwing together a mass program to millions upon millions of people offering $5000 or something, they want to see what is the magic number that gets people to "bite"... so they start with a smaller sample of people, like maybe 1000 people or something, and they offer $2000 to some people, $3000 to others, maybe $4000 to others... and then they watch how many of each coupon results in an actual sale... crunch the numbers, then decide if they want to use this as a more large scale incentive.

Anyway, yes, the coupons are valid on top of ANY other incentive/discount. They're basically as good as cash. (At least mine was.) But, hey, maybe they are also experimenting with that too??

All in this post is my opinion. I'm just happy I got mine last year, and used it.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:16 PM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by jschindler
I have a problem with any incentive that is aimed at "new" conquest buyers. The message to me is that its okay for someone who has not been a loyal customer to buy a car for $3,000 less than someone who has been a loyal customer. I thought it was the other way around. I'm sitting at a Holiday Inn right now and they went out of their way to look up my priority club membership - so that I can get rewards for staying with them . Not so they can find out I'm a loyal customer and charge me more than the guy in line behind me!
Originally Posted by Amped
So what mailing list does GM have access to so that they can send these 3k rebates to their "target group" of non GM owners? Do they trade or sell owner registries with BMW, Porsche, Ford, etc.?
One thing to clear up, just because the "target group" owns "a competing vehicle to GM" doesn't mean they are a "new" conquest or a non-GM owner. It means exactly what it states, that the person who got a certificate owns what GM considers to be a "competing vehicle".

I got the $3,000 certificate and I have a 2007 Corvette and bought new Yukon back in 2005 so I've bought 2 new GM vehicles in the last 3 years. That makes me neither a new conquest or a non-GM owner. What they are trying to do in my case is increase the size of their footprint in my household (i.e. hope the $3,000 would sway me to trade in my non-GM car (a BMW) for a GM one.) If the majority of people who received it are just like me and have more then one vehicle but only one of them is a GM product, then it's good business move. The best source of increased sales is normally through current customers if you do it right.

If I'm in the minority on this and most of the people who received it aren't current GM customers and they are leaving good customers out in the cold, then it's a poor move and shame on GM.

Last edited by matsarge; 05-27-2008 at 10:42 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:31 PM
BigBlueDevil
Racer

For those of you with a 2nd car that's non GM show the dealer the registration receipt for that car!

Better yet if you own more than one property or the other car is registered in your wife's name you're in for the rebate?

Last edited by BigBlueDevil; 05-27-2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:50 PM
chirocorvette
Burning Brakes

I sold my '06 Z a few months back. If I had a coupon good for $3k off a new vette, I may consider dipping my toe back in the water. For those with the golden ticket... does it have your name on it or can anyone use it?
Old 05-27-2008, 11:06 PM
FireLikeIYA
Instructor

General rebates de-value the Corvette. However, loyalty rebates don't. A loyalty program sounds like the right way to go.

Whoever had the 330i BMW.... Did you post your car in the autotrader? Maybe that is where they get their list. Looking for potential buyers of new cars.

Get notified of new replies

To GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA

Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 PM
SpeedRacerGirl
Le Mans Master

Location: Hudson Valley Region, NY The "sonoma/napa" of the Northeast~~~~~ Are we there yet?
St. Jude Donor '08

ok Im literally going to sign the final paperwork and pick up my car tomorrow afternoon...

I need to know about all the offers I can so I can hit the dealer up.

I have a GM card... so I guess I get the 2000 bonus points

I own a 2006 saab which I am trading in on the new vette... but I have not received any 1-2-or 3k coupon in the mail like some of you.

Any help or info would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 05-27-2008, 11:41 PM
matsarge
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by FireLikeIYA
General rebates de-value the Corvette. However, loyalty rebates don't. A loyalty program sounds like the right way to go.

Whoever had the 330i BMW.... Did you post your car in the autotrader? Maybe that is where they get their list. Looking for potential buyers of new cars.
Nope, didn't post it for sale anywhere. Not sure how they would have known I owned it.
Old 05-28-2008, 12:50 AM
Maui
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

A couple months ago I received an offer to add $2000 to my GM card points. I tossed it because I was not interested at the time. Now I'm seriously interested and no offers.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GM $3000 rebate code 08-31CCA,-32CCA,-33CCA,-34CCA,-35CCA