C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IAT timing tricker

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 07:44 PM
01c5z
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tekhombre
Yes, you can use a DPDT toggle switch, one side of the switch is used to activate the nitrous and the other for the IAT mod, or a SPDT switch and just wire the IAT circuit.

I actually did this on some Northstar powered Cadies with nitrous before the LS1s were out back in 1996, and naturally started doing it on LS1s. It works really well and combined with tuning you can tailor exactly how much timing to retard. The response time is much quicker than you might think, the reason it takes long to show up on some scanners is that the sampling rate is slow. I now usually wire it with a relay so when the nitrous actually activates (when the solenoids turn on) the retard takes place, that way there is full timing during launch until the nitrous turns on and then retards, doing it this way the 60' won't suffer if the nitrous turns on at a higher RPM than your converter stall.

HTH, Julio

Julio to the rescue......
Old 08-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Robert56@RNS
Collections Hold

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tekhombre
Just keep in mind that a high quality potentiometer would have to be used. Most purchased at local electronic stores probably won't be up to the task, I would use a mil or industrial spec pot. The wipers get dirty and could change resistance or completely open over time from the set point with vibration and extreme temperature changes. This is why I prefer a fixed resistor and make the changes with the tuning software in the IAT tables.

Julio
Agreed, great advice.
Robert
Old 03-19-2008, 10:25 PM
c4vetteontop
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Ive got it hooked up.. will i notice a differnce when the car is on.

Im going to test the system to see if it pulls the timing. Im turning on my nitrous system at idel to see if the cars timing will get pulled when there is power fed to the relay. Should i notice a differnce??
Old 07-10-2012, 12:32 PM
glasguydj
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01c5z
cool, slowhawk... does the diagram look right to you??? OR could you show me/us youre wiring diagram with a 2 pole relay???

thanks
i heard if you have a 1997 or 1998 you can use a 4.5 ohm resistor, unplug the weather pack from the iat sensor connection and put the resistor leads into the pcm side of the connector and wrap it with electrical tape and this gains around 10 hp. Is this tru ???

Quick Reply: IAT timing tricker