Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

C5 Z06 CD Changer installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 12:58 PM
billla
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14

Default C5 Z06 CD Changer installation questions

Just got a great deal on a C5 CD changer; I have the unit, mounting brackets and hardware

Two questions:

1. Is everything there in the Z06 to mount the changer? I.e. are the holes and nut inserts there or am I getting out a drill?

2. Is there an aftermarket source for the cable to the head unit? I understood the Z typically doesn't have this cable run.

THANKS!
Old 03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

The COR-Har is the cable you need. Click here

I added one and just used foam to wedge it in the cubby. If you drill make sure you don't go too far through the plastic, but I'd suggest epoxy rather than drilling.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:55 PM
Andy Boyuka
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default cd installation

Originally Posted by billla
Just got a great deal on a C5 CD changer; I have the unit, mounting brackets and hardware

Two questions:

1. Is everything there in the Z06 to mount the changer? I.e. are the holes and nut inserts there or am I getting out a drill?

2. Is there an aftermarket source for the cable to the head unit? I understood the Z typically doesn't have this cable run.

THANKS!
I am trying to install a OEM 12disc.I ordered a wire harness from a corvette salv yrd. i think they sent me way too much. is it possible for you to discribe the wire harness for me?
Old 10-30-2012, 09:52 AM
markcz
Tech Contributor

Received 131 Likes on 113 Posts

If the cor-har is what you have it will have 2 plugs on one end, IIRC one with 3 wires and one with 4 wires. On the other end it will have a flat 10 pin plug. Cable length is around 12' long.

Get notified of new replies

To C5 Z06 CD Changer installation questions

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 CD Changer installation questions