C6 Corvette General Discussion General C6 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3LT CD player/How do I go to previous or next track?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 12:26 AM
cell6ida
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3LT CD player/How do I go to previous or next track?

Ok, I used my CD player for the first time in the 2.5 years I've had my 2006 3LT single cd player with the Nav. I had been just using my Ipod and the radio before today.

Maybe I'm just retarded but all I saw was a button to fast forward and rewind the tracks, along with a button that will preview the next track, then after 10 seconds it skips to the following track.

But I didnt see a button that would take me to the beginning of the track that is playing, or go to the start of the prior track. Also I couldnt get it to go to the beginning of the next track, without it doing the 10 second or so preview, of all the tracks.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2012, 01:48 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

You use the up/down toggle button directly above the power/volume control. Push "up" to go to the beginning of the next track and "down" to go to the beginning of the current track. To go to the beginning of the previous track, push "down" twice in rapid succession.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:45 AM
FortMorganAl
Le Mans Master

Location: Currently somewhere in IL,IN,KY,TN,MO,AR,MS,AL, or FL
Received 228 Likes on 187 Posts

Tune ****: Turn this **** to go to the next or previous track.
|< SEEK >|: Press the left arrow to go to the start of the current track if more than eight seconds have played. Press the right arrow to go to the start of the next track. If either arrow is held or pressed more than once, the player continues moving backward or forward through the CD.
|< SCAN >|: To scan one CD, press and hold either SCAN arrow for more than two seconds until SCAN appears on the display and you hear a beep. The radio goes to the next track, plays for 10 seconds, then goes to the next track. Press either SCAN arrow again, to stop scanning.
If you had a 6 disc changer you could hold for 4 seconds to scan all CDs.

GM REALLY ought to put one of these manuals in every car they sell. Call it something like "Owner's Manual" or something.
Old 04-25-2012, 12:25 PM
JoesC5
Team Owner

Received 1,699 Likes on 1,213 Posts

Originally Posted by FortMorganAl
If you had a 6 disc changer you could hold for 4 seconds to scan all CDs.

GM REALLY ought to put one of these manuals in every car they sell. Call it something like "Owner's Manual" or something.
Or they could design their system so that it is intuitive, so you don't have to run and get the owners manual every time you want to do a simple input to the system. I can buy a cheap $60 stand alone CD player, and it isn't necessary to keep referring to the owners manual to operate the stupid thing.

Remember that the guy who designed the stupid factory NAV also designed the CD/radio system.
Old 04-25-2012, 02:24 PM
waynelittle1
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Or they could design their system so that it is intuitive, so you don't have to run and get the owners manual every time you want to do a simple input to the system. I can buy a cheap $60 stand alone CD player, and it isn't necessary to keep referring to the owners manual to operate the stupid thing.

Remember that the guy who designed the stupid factory NAV also designed the CD/radio system.
Or, you can buy a car with a "cheaper" stereo system, a la a 1LT...don't get the goodies if you can't handle the goodies...have to be smarter than the equipment you're using...

Get notified of new replies

To 3LT CD player/How do I go to previous or next track?

Quick Reply: 3LT CD player/How do I go to previous or next track?