C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CD Changer (Error)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 06:37 PM
cdnguyred88
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same error message, I just unplugged the changer and plugged it back in.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:32 PM
KingTut
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Got mine to work - some insight as to how it works

First how did it get screwed up. A cd is loaded most of the time and it remembers which one it is. I had #8 in the unit.

I had to disconnect the battery to fix a fuel line issue. In the future I will remove the 12 cd cartridge first - but I did not. The battery was disconnected for about a week. Finally got it back in and no CD player function. Note that the little CD in the bottom left of where the time shows was not there. This is a sign of the unit not talking to the radio.

With the key in and the radio on - I hit the reset button and it went through the cd's but then showed ERR. When I went back and removed the cartridge - yes #8 was still in the unit because it could not get it unloaded because if forgot where it belonged.

Now so as to not ruin the cd as someone above mentioned - what I did was to re-arrange the cartridge so the "empty" one was on top right by the player. I reset again and as it went through the loading and unloading it picked it back up into it's slot. I then took the cartridge back out and switched them back - as we all have a "correct" order to our cd play list.

The cd light is back on and all is well. Took maybe 10 minutes - after I read this thread and got the tips on the reset and looking for an orphin.

Hope this will help someone else get it working with out too much of an issue.

Remember to take the cartridge out if you are disconnecting the battery and I doubt we will have as much trouble.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:57 AM
95rtturbo
Drifting

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts

Just to add to this discussion, it seems that the stock BOSE CD player is not compatible with CD-RWs, but will play "home made" CD-Rs. Just an FYI.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:36 AM
dougbfresh
Le Mans Master

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The changer from the factory gets funky after a while and hangs up, they dome on this site and craigslist all the time for $100 or so. Not worth trying to fix in most cases, many guys are getting the connector to plug their pods in where the changer was.

Quick Reply: CD Changer (Error)