C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A&A Procharger Belt Length help.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 AM
trayack
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Default A&A Procharger Belt Length help.

I'm in the middle of my bracket swap from the stock procharger one to the A&A upgraded bracket setup. I went to put my belt on and its WAY too short. I can't even get the belt on without the tensioner installed.

Right now I'm running a 4.00 pulley and a Gates HD Green belt, part number K606905HD. This worked just fine with the procharger bracket but the extra pulleys and such with the A&A kit seem to require something a bit longer.

I can't "just run out and grab a few belts"...so do not suggest that. I live where they would have to special order something like that and would then have to pay for it, no returns.

So, what are people running for belt length?
Old 02-04-2012, 08:59 AM
1320IN9
Le Mans Master

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Look on AA website, I think they have a belt list with part numbers for all different set ups...
Old 02-04-2012, 04:09 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

It should be a 91.5.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:23 PM
m R g S r
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's A&A's bracket why don't you call them?
I have called and talked to Andy before he was very helpful (and I bought the bracket second hand)
Old 02-04-2012, 08:00 PM
trayack
Drifting

Originally Posted by m R g S r
It's A&A's bracket why don't you call them?
I have called and talked to Andy before he was very helpful (and I bought the bracket second hand)
I did call them...I was told they didn't have a belt length chart. Then I poked around on the web site some more and found it.

I was in a rather crappy mood at that point so I may not have been the most pleasant person on the phone so I'm not upset with A&A at all for the miscommunication.

I did have issues with a few things, namely no instructions, and having to cut down the main bracket bolts as they were way too long and bottomed out in the head long before they were tight. A heads up on the belt length change would have been nice too. Its safe to assume anyone buying this bracket kit is moving from the stock procharger setup, so any changes needing to be made would be nice to know about.

Just minor gripes, nothing major. I'll order the belt on monday and hopefully have it by this weekend. Thanks guys.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:37 PM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

I was on the phone with them on Tuesday. Frank was very helpful. I am changing the pulley size and adding a flip drive. He was so helpful that he even had the right size belt size. I knew the size, I just want to make sure my calculations were correct. The only issue with A&A is that Andy is not there at all hours anymore. Frank did an excellent job filling in for Andy.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:52 AM
trayack
Drifting

Based on what I've seen from this site, I would say that my experience was def. a fluke so I'm in no way mad or anything. Just a little bummed, I guess as a result of what I have seen on the site I was expecting a bit more. I was told to use the instructiongs on the site for the vortech kit but all of the bolt lenghts are different. Not the end of the world, I figured it out in a few minutes. I just expected for the money put out there, to have instructions would have been nice.

The bolt lenght thing is odd too. The M10 90mm bolts that hold the main bracket to the head were WAY too long. They bottomed out in the head with about a half inch left to go before they were even snug. I was told that these were the correct bolts for the kit and to clean out my bolt holes as there may be an obstruction. I did, and got the same result. After measuring the thread length I found that if these infact would thread all the way in they would be protruding into the exhaust port in the head...so something isn't correct. I trimmed them several times to get them to fit, so it appears to be fine now. Just odd, thats all.

I'll order the belt tomorrow and go from here. I hope things go better than the first go around thats for sure.

On a side not, I did find something rather alarming when I took the old setup off! Who ever installed it (I bought the car on the forum, you can figure out the shop's name) ran the vac line for the BOV next to the volute outlet. When they installed the band clamp on the volute they pinched the vac line in it and tightened it up. This pinched the line almost completely closed!...I have no idea how the BOV was actually working!

Man, I hate anyone working on my stuff but me...even if it wasn't my stuff yet
Old 02-05-2012, 10:50 AM
trayack
Drifting

Now looking at the A&A site the chart says the K060915 which would be a 91.5" but when you look under the belts section of the website it lists a 92 1/8th" length belt.....hmmmm.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:25 AM
gotjuice?
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by trayack
Now looking at the A&A site the chart says the K060915 which would be a 91.5" but when you look under the belts section of the website it lists a 92 1/8th" length belt.....hmmmm.
The size I stated above was for the Vortec head unit. Andy really does not use or support the procharger unit anymore. I changed Peter Pans setup over a couple of year ago. You might send him a message to look at his belt and add for the larger pulley. His pulley was smaller than the 4.0 inch.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:50 PM
trayack
Drifting

Starting to look like I might just have to try a bunch of cheeper ones to see what fits, then order the correct one in the brand I want. What a pain in the **** now that I have to take the headunit off each time to swap them out.

I'm going to crap a brick if I still get belt squeek after this swap.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 PM
trayack
Drifting

I'm a little shocked that only a few poeple have responded thus far. Heck, I'd even take what belts WON"T work...atleast that will save me some time and trouble.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:02 PM
0Slowhawk
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

cut the existing belt and measure out a new one. Wrap old one that is cut and measure the gap,add that onto belt length.Take into it the spring loaded tensioner.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:32 PM
ajrothm
Le Mans Master

Received 1,095 Likes on 746 Posts

Not sure if this helps but....

I am running the K060923 that measures 92 7/8". I am running a Procharger D1sc on the latest A&A bracket. I am using a 4.38" pulley and the stock balancer. This belt was VERY tight for me...matter in fact, I have the ECS billet fixed idler with the adjustable holes and I went to the "loosest" hole to get the belt enough slack to fit over the alternator pulley...

There is a pretty decent sized difference between a 4.38 pulley and your 4.00 pulley but....Maybe you can do some reverse math to get you down to what you need... I used A&A's belt chart to guess-ta-mate my belt size and it worked the first time....but barely.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:08 AM
trayack
Drifting

Thanks guys. I ended up picking up a few normal run of the mill belts and gave them a shot. I got a 060919 to fit on there with ease so I feel the 060915 should work fine. I ordered one and will be installing it today or tomorrow.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:07 PM
trayack
Drifting

Just an update for anyone interested. The 060915 is the correct belt for this setup. I went with the GatorBack belt this time. The overall install was a bit of a proscess but nothing to painful. The bracket setup does appear to move the headunit down a bit compaired to the original mounting location. As a result I had to reroute some cooling lines and trim the radiator shroud in order to get the Procharger airfilter bridge to fit. I'd love to ditch this stupid thing for something else but based on the extremely limited space I don't think anything else will work.

I also noticed that my Tail BOV was not working, and hadn't been for quite some time. Before I mentioned that the vac line going to it had been pinched which caused it not to work. The valve itself also got a bit gunked up and was actually frozen shut. I took it apart and cleaned it up and now everything works great.

No more squeeks!

Get notified of new replies

To A&A Procharger Belt Length help.

Quick Reply: A&A Procharger Belt Length help.