C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Touch screen radio in c4

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 04:50 PM
vittal
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys I've got a question that's not exactly on topic but I was just wondering anyway.

The ones that have aftermarket radios in your Vettes do you still leave the car topless on a parking lot?

Because one of the things that I love with the factory radio is that it doesn't fit anyplace else so nobody is gonna try and steal it and I can leave the car topless in a parking lot.. no problem.

Thanks and bye
Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Mountain 55
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also dont want to rob this thread but since the subject replies somewhat hit on my plans I was also looking to put an after market head unit in my 88 coupe. I was considering a Kenwood unit. I'm not particularly happy with the Bose system in my car as far as sound quality. My concern is will changing the head unit produce a noticable sound improvement out of the Bose speakers? I was thinking I would have to change the head unit and speakers at the same time however, if changing the head unit improved the overall sound quality to a very noticable level, I may have to re think my plans. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:32 PM
ronniebfla
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to sound retarded, lol but dbl din DOES fit perfect in c4? and by any chance what size speakers can i go with foe F&R? i am online now, well the last 3 hrs looking at exactly what you have and trying to figure out what will work, yada yada.. any help asap would be great. TY IN ADVANCE
Old 01-02-2012, 06:36 PM
quickcat
Burning Brakes

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by ronniebfla
not to sound retarded, lol but dbl din DOES fit perfect in c4? and by any chance what size speakers can i go with foe F&R? i am online now, well the last 3 hrs looking at exactly what you have and trying to figure out what will work, yada yada.. any help asap would be great. TY IN ADVANCE
The space for the factory head unit is double DIN. Not every double DIN will fit without some modification but it is usually minor if necessary. I have 6/9s in the back of my 92. Cannot remember what goes in the front but they are smaller.

Matt
Old 01-03-2012, 03:40 AM
stag15m4
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check out the JVC KW-AVX740.. It is touchscreen and plays everything from MP3s on your thumb drive to DVDs. I got the iPod cable that I ran through the center section into the console where I keep my iPod. It was a very easy install and has a wiring harness that allows you to use the factory BOSE speakers if you want. The button color can be adjusted to match your car's button color or ANY other color you want. The unit fit in perfectly except for the plastic brace (?) behind the original radio. It had to be removed with a dremel tool but unless you remove the radio, nobody would ever be able to tell. The whole install cost less than $450 with all harnesses and the iPod cable.

So far, I love it!

Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 PM
convas
Pro

Received 80 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by aminnich
Actually it is Double D Mods and Dennis uses C5BearsFan as his name on the CorvetteForum.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c4-g...o-your-c4.html

Quick Reply: Touch screen radio in c4