C6 Forced Induction/Nitrous C6 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Pulley Upgrades, Intercoolers, Wet and Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to get more torque?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:13 PM
White_Lightning
Melting Slicks

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TrenAman
here you go.. my car.. same dyno.. first is my P1 at 7.5lbs... with a NA cam, much like yours.. second one is with a D1 and a blower cam.. NA cam + blower ='s HP, not tq..

[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
did you ever go over to DP and dyno there?
Old 06-02-2011, 11:07 PM
TrenAman
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteLightning_
did you ever go over to DP and dyno there?
Decided not to.. why would I? I beat a 850+rwhp vette that called me out in my thread... I put my car where my mouth is.. what more do you want? Sorry I do not have a DP dyno sheet for you..

Last edited by TrenAman; 06-02-2011 at 11:21 PM.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:34 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetk14
I agree, and have a very similar LS3 setup. My cam is a 224/236, but on a 114+2. It was chosen by a very experienced engine builder/sponsor as a dual purpose NA/FI cam for me. Ran strong and made good power in NA form, and ran great with the blower too. Most great NA cams work very well with a centri blower.

The 117 LSA is bleeding off some DCR at lower speeds, but that's not why he is down 70+ lb/ft. Something else is wrong....
Had it retuned today at another tuner in the area. He stated the tune was wayyyyyy off. The car runs great and smooth now. 573rwhp with 500 rwtq. On dynojet. I'm pretty pleased. A different cam would help me get better numbers but I'm happy for now!!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:03 PM
old motorhead
Le Mans Master

Received 1,337 Likes on 945 Posts

Originally Posted by trapp
Had it retuned today at another tuner in the area. He stated the tune was wayyyyyy off. The car runs great and smooth now. 573rwhp with 500 rwtq. On dynojet. I'm pretty pleased. A different cam would help me get better numbers but I'm happy for now!!
Absolutely....Different cam would = more dollars gone. If you like how it drives, the numbers don't really matter. ENJOY!
Old 06-04-2011, 12:22 AM
Drewstein
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

That's a big difference. Good for you getting a different opinion before tearing into the motor.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:56 PM
0justin@modern-muscle
Former Vendor

Tom...it was nice meeting you and I'm glad we could get the car running better for you. Please let me know if you ever need anything!
Old 06-04-2011, 05:31 PM
trapp
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by brad@modern-muscle
Tom...it was nice meeting you and I'm glad we could get the car running better for you. Please let me know if you ever need anything!
Brad,

Thanks for the good experience! Justin was great! I just wish I would have started my process with you guys! Thanks again!

Quick Reply: How to get more torque?