Autocrossing & Roadracing Suspension Setup for Track Corvettes, Camber/Caster Adjustments, R-Compound Tires, Race Slicks, Tips on Driving Technique, Events, Results
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TTP RX-7; Oversteer on Demand + Shakedown Vids

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2008, 10:17 PM
RedLS6
Drifting

Received 1,729 Likes on 783 Posts

Originally Posted by Ari99
After speaking to Mr. Soriano,he informed me that his boost was screwed way down, his comment was"why waste a 20 hour motor with a $25k freshening fee on a NASA club race?"
Maybe so you don't get stuck by a homebuilt hybrid RX7 in your high $$$ Porsche? Just a joke, but seriously....this is a very cool car. KingKyle deserves some credit for his efforts.

Originally Posted by KingKyle
The oil pan is from ATS, its a custom road race style LSX oil pan. Found here http://store.nexternal.com/shared/St...unt2=577338814
I will be going to a dry sump once I have the cash. For now, the ATS pan with a big accusump will hopefully keep the motor alive this and next season.
Thanks....I'm putting together a similar LS3 build on paper right now. Looking at oiling options............

Old 08-12-2008, 05:54 PM
John Shiels
Team Owner

Location: Buy USA products! Check the label! Employ Americans
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What's on the Army car for brakes? Takes guts to go from brakes to a car build but it must be satisfying.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:28 PM
kingkyle
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Shiels
What's on the Army car for brakes? Takes guts to go from brakes to a car build but it must be satisfying.
I'm running a StopTech big brake kit in the front. Hawk DTC 70 pads and Castrol SRF for fluid. Stock rear brakes seem to be ok. I use a Tilton proportioning valve for fine tuning.

Yeah making my own brake lines (hard lines) proved to be the most difficult part of the build. I was taking it EASY the first time out. I had no idea if the car would stop. Its very satisfying.

Quick Reply: TTP RX-7; Oversteer on Demand + Shakedown Vids