C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after market rectangular headlights

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:17 AM
Hezzy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market rectangular headlights

any one else have lights like these??

I am having a problem with mine. I bought the car like this but only the 2 inner ones light up. In order to get my inspection the mechanic says they all have to work. Is this a stock wiring set up or do I have to do some modifications to the wiring to get it to work? the lights seem to change to high beam when I step on the pedal. but still only 2 light up. They are all connected but still no go. Do I have to have specific lights to go in here? (probably).
If any one has installed these could you please let me know what I need to do to get them to work properly? any info would be greatly appreciated.
Peace
Old 07-25-2007, 10:38 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Yes, I had those for years, they fine, and a total stock wiring setup....most likely your lo beams are burnt out...you maybe able to find a connection under the dash...like a loose plug on the dimmer switch, especially if it's on the steering column...but doubtful that's it IF you have a good solid snap when either switch is pushed....later sharks had it on the wheel, early had it on the floor....

I suspect the bulbs need changing...they cheep at a AZ/etc....

not hard to change either...maybe take a resistance/continenuity check across the terminals to be sure, but I bet they bad...common enough...

Last edited by mrvette; 07-25-2007 at 10:41 AM.

Quick Reply: after market rectangular headlights