C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 11:00 AM
Last Ride
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199 (Z Factor)

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but doesn't having the aerobody kit put on imply that the ZR-1 was a Lingenfelter car (i.e. that it had other work done to it [engine/suspension] as well)?
Another words, just as regular C-4 owner will put on ZR-1 badges to make it look like a ZR-1 to the unknowing general public (a Clone), isn't this kind of the same thing?

There is no offense implied here, but I know many ZR-1 owners bristle at cloned C-4's, so a cloned Lingerfelter is akin to that as well (assuming that Lingerfelter didn't just make an aerobody kit for show/looks without any other mods needed).
I am not sure when this kit was originally released, but I do know that there are not too many running around. Just like the Callaway aerobody, this kit can/could be ordered as a stand-alone option. There are many body kits and add-ons out there, but this Lingenfelter kit is one of the few I actually find appealing. The thought never occurred to me that because my car was worked over by Rippie and not Lingenfelter that, in some way, my car would be a "clone". It might just be me, but I really don't see a fair comparison between the ZR1 clones and a stock ZR1/Aerobody Lingenfelter "clone". I mean, I understand the argument, but I think it's apples and oranges in this case. YMMV,

Bryan
Old 06-22-2004, 03:05 PM
Z Factor
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199 (Last Ride)

Just like the Callaway aerobody, this kit can/could be ordered as a stand-alone option.
Well if that is the case (assuming it wasn't a replacement kit for those damaged on cars with engine /suspension work), then my clone theory is out the window.

As to the ZR-1 clone issue, some see it as imitation is the greatest form of flattery. But I suspect the majority don't like clones running around because when they get their doors blown off, it makes some ricer start bragging how he smoked a ZR-1 with his mods that consist of stickers and giant fart can.

[Modified by Z Factor, 3:07 PM 6/22/2004]
Old 06-22-2004, 03:59 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199 (Z Factor)

Well if that is the case (assuming it wasn't a replacement kit for those damaged on cars with engine /suspension work), then my clone theory is out the window.
Anybody that has the 10K to blow on the Callaway body can get it. Doesn't matter if you have the B2K or one of the supernatural packages.

LPE is the same way with their body kit. Besides, Jerry has the body kit, and is having all the engine work done at SGC.
Old 06-22-2004, 07:41 PM
NITROUS JUNKIE
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199 (PaceThis)

Man I sure wish I had the money right now to buy that body kit. It looks killer.....

Quick Reply: LPE Aerobody with LINGENFELTER imprinting on rear bumper, $3199