Mountain - Prairie Colorado | Kansas | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Vettes on the Rockies

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 02:40 PM
lebvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-‘19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by AlBab
We really appreciate all of your comments and it's good to hear specifics about the problems that many have experienced with participant judged shows. Your feedback is giving us some ideas about ways to reduce the "largest club wins the gold" issue.

We had also heard from lots of folks who had experienced this type of judging and thought it was fair and turned out well. We had previously heard complaints from folks who felt the score sheets with independent judges had been problematic as well. Tough to please everyone.

If this doesn't work out as we hope, we'll probably go back for next year. Keep your comments coming. We are listening.
Eureka Springs has the same type judging, but they have incorporated a system that helps eliminate the large clubs from tilting the scale. You might check what they do. It would not be a problem to add their system at any date.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:10 AM
AlBab
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately Colorado is suffering from a very hot and dry summer already. This is on the heals of a mild winter with much lower than average snow fall and a very dry, hot spring. These conditions have contributed to several fires in the Colorado Rockies. Many 10s of thousands of acres and hundreds of homes have been lost to these fires.

All is NOT doom and gloom however. Vettes on the Rockies is getting close and none of the fires threaten our new venue inWinter Park. We hope you'll still plan to join us for one of the great Corvette events of the year.
August 9-12, Winter Park, CO. LGCACorvette.org
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Received 790 Likes on 534 Posts
2020 C5 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Originally Posted by AlBab
Unfortunately Colorado is suffering from a very hot and dry summer already. This is on the heals of a mild winter with much lower than average snow fall and a very dry, hot spring. These conditions have contributed to several fires in the Colorado Rockies. Many 10s of thousands of acres and hundreds of homes have been lost to these fires.

All is NOT doom and gloom however. Vettes on the Rockies is getting close and none of the fires threaten our new venue inWinter Park. We hope you'll still plan to join us for one of the great Corvette events of the year.
August 9-12, Winter Park, CO. LGCACorvette.org
Wife and I are still planning to attend Thurs. nite through Sun. morning.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:39 PM
1COOL60
Burning Brakes

Location: Emporia, pay no attention to that man behind the curtain, KS
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Wife and I registered a couple of months ago. Really looking forward to going; always a good time! Might have to take a side trip up through Rocky Mountain National Park over Trail Ridge Road.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:09 PM
729GKU
Heel & Toe

Received 15 Likes on 2 Posts

Default VOTR Registration

Originally Posted by 07fastvet
You've got to be kidding!
$190 bucks a couple to register and this Does Not include the Thursday night Welcome Party? Seems kinda steep for a car show and a Rally...
What exactly are we paying for? We just completed our 5th annual show, Corvettes for a Cause and for $95 a couple, it included a dinner at the welcome party, free beer and wine, Car Show, Funkana and a poker Run. Plus a free concert on Sat. Night.
Your big National events with your high price registration fees are keeping hundreds of Vettes from attending. Soooo-
What can I expect to recieve for my $190 Bucks?
Check out the website http://www.lgcacorvette.org/Developm...troduction.htm for everything included in the registration fee but the biggest thing you are missing in your narrative above is the Saturday night BBQ and the Sunday morning Continental Breakfast, which are included in the cost. These two items are actually more than half the $95 per person cost for the event!

And to answer your question about why the Thursday evening event is not in the registration cost this has been removed from the cost of the event and added to the ala carte items because of the number of people who have in the past pointed out to us that they were required to pay a full registration fee, even if they could not arrive untill Friday evening or Saturday morning. So we made that activity optional so only those who for sure will be there on Thursday evening will be paying for the event.
Old 07-10-2012, 09:27 PM
AlBab
Heel & Toe

Default VOTR Show 'n Shine

BIG CHANGES are in store for the Show 'n Shine for the 39th Vettes on the Rockies.
First, the event will be on SATURDAY, August 11. This change was made for our many guests who travel significant distances and wanted a few extra hours for the trip home. Please pass the word to anyone you know who participates from Colorado and may be planning on participating for just this event.
And, as many of you have already heard, we will have participant judging for the Show 'n Shine this year at Vettes on the Rockies. This was actually a request from past attendees and we decided to try it. Each participant registered in the Show 'n Shine will receive a ballot with spaces for entering the car number of their favorite cars in each category. The number of cars entered in each category will determine the number of awards for that category keeping the awards proportional to the number of cars. LGCA club member cars will NOT be in competition with non-LGCA cars and will be judged separately.

We listen to our attendees every year about new suggestions that will keep Vettes on the Rockies fresh and interesting. We have heard from people who already dislike the idea of participant judging but we had also heard from many who suggested the idea. We believe all of our attendees have a voice and we only want everyone to enjoy their visit to Colorful Colorado and the majestic Rocky Mountains.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:30 AM
LisasZR1
Lifetime NCM Member #2482
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '11

I'll be there! Can't wait to see beautiful Colorado - burned or not. I'm looking forward to attending, driving my car in the mountains, meeting new people, taking lots of pictures and videos, supporting the charity (that's really what it's all about, right?) and just having some fun shopping and visiting. See y'all in a few weeks!!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:19 PM
SSWEET
Race Director

Received 212 Likes on 134 Posts

We'll be coming out from Iowa......I don't really need another plaque or plastic dust collector......don't care if they used a group of nuns to do the judging.....just going to chill out and have fun..........
Old 07-15-2012, 10:34 AM
jvette2
Pro

:QUOTE=SSWEET;1581315514]We'll be coming out from Iowa......I don't really need another plaque or plastic dust collector......don't care if they used a group of nuns to do the judging.....just going to chill out and have fun..........[/QUOTE]

I like your attitude lets just have some vette fun.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:27 PM
75Brickie
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Texas will be represented!

We are looking forward to it too! It will be our second time to attend.

Approximately 35-40 cars are heading up from the Lone Star Corvette Club (Dallas/Ft. Worth) in several caravans.

Polished the car this past weekend and it is almost ready to go. I have a few more things on my checklist to complete in the next couple of weeks though.

Looking forward to some weather and to meet our Coloradian Corvette bretheren!
Old 07-18-2012, 10:47 PM
AlBab
Heel & Toe

Default Drive safely and slowly through Empire

For most folks attending Vettes on the Rockies you up I-70 to US 40 and over Berthoud Pass. It is a very pretty drive and a good road.

As soon as you exit I 70 and join 40 you will go throu a great funky town called Empire. WATCH YOUR SPEED! The constables in Empire have a reputation for stopping anyone even just slightly over the speed limit. The speed limit drops to 45, and then 35 very shortly after the exit.

On the positive side there are a couple of fun ice cream stops. The Dairy King is ok but my favorite is Mike' Sweet Shoppe on the left side as you get into Empire. Also of note is the Peck House. Peck house is a funky old hotel, supposedly haunted. Fun place to stay if you are into those kinds of things.

Enjoy the drive and be sure to keep the rubber side down.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Default VOTR Daily Schedule

Is there a published schedule you can share for each day of VOTR? I have been on the LG site and it shows the activities each day, but not the scheduled times. Thanks.
Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If pre-reg for the car show what location and times can I pickup the package on Friday?
Old 08-01-2012, 07:08 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

ttt...hello???
Old 08-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CO YGOSLOW
ttt...hello???

ALBab are you there?
Old 08-01-2012, 11:03 PM
AlBab
Heel & Toe

Default Schedule

Sorry or the delay. Here is a schedule of events.

Calendar of Events
Thursday, August 9
​Registration Opens 1 PM
​Welcome Reception 5 PM
Friday, August 10
​Autocross Tech 6 -8 AM
​Autocross 8 AM – 2 PM
​Road Rally (Departs) 10 AM – noon
​Wine & Cheese Social 7 – 9 PM

Saturday, August 11
​Show ‘n Shine Staging 8 – 9:30 AM
​Show ‘n Shine 10 AM – 2 PM
​BBQ dinner 6 PM
Sunday, August 12
Farewell Continental Breakfast 7 – 9 AM
Old 08-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Too-Fast
Safety Car

Thanks for the reply

Get notified of new replies

To Vettes on the Rockies

Old 08-02-2012, 06:44 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

If pre-reg for the car show what location and times can I pickup the package on Friday?
AlBab...still looking for a response.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:15 PM
S.U. Vette
Pro

I will be parking my car with Callaway up there on Saturday.
I know online registration is closed and I can register when I get up there but is there anything I need to do in advance?
Old 08-07-2012, 09:12 PM
CO YGOSLOW
Burning Brakes

AlBab...still looking for a response.
ttt...help?

Quick Reply: Vettes on the Rockies