C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

05 Column Lock

Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM
mophead
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 05 Column Lock

THE ONLY QUESTION HERE IS:

Does the fuel shutoff issue have to be raised on a 2005 C6 like on the C5's? Anyone have the column lock message pop up after installing the bypass and not be able to drive the car because the fuel shuts off at 2 mph?

Have searched for this answer until my eyes are crossed and still cannot find. I am good to go and purchase the column lock bypass from COH. Everyone says that fixes the problem.
On the C5's (had one and been through this already) you could install the bypass and the steering wheel would not lock, BUT, if you got the column lock message the fuel shutoff at 2 mph would still be there rendering the car useless anyway, even though the steering column could be turned enough to still have the car loaded on a wrecker to go and address the fuel shutoff issue. That fuel shutoff cannot be eliminated from the computer but it can be raised from 2 mph to 250 mph making it a non issue.

So does the fuel shutoff issue still have to be addressed? Had my tuner do it for the C5 and just wondering if it needs to be done on the 05 C6? There could be a lot of us driving around under the impression that this is fixed when in fact it may not be.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:58 PM
mophead
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No one?
Old 11-16-2012, 12:45 PM
DaveN355
Racer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts

When I installed the COH bypass on my '05, I didn't have to mess with fuel shut off and have had no issues. Contact COH on your question.

Get notified of new replies

To 05 Column Lock

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 05 Column Lock