C6 Tech/Performance LS2, LS3, LS7, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss area want to help do a head/cam swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
ChrisHurley87
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss area want to help do a head/cam swap

Well, the title is pretty self explanatory...In the next week or two I'll be putting on some ported heads and a Comp XER273HR cam, and I could use an extra set of hands since it'll be the furthest into my motor I've been so far.

I'll probably do it in my garage, but am considering using the auto shop on Ft. Bliss since they have lifts available.

If you're in the area and want to help, let me know. I have a pretty well stocked beer fridge and it'd be cool to meet another Vette guy in this area.

-Chris
Old 04-25-2011, 05:56 PM
Sparo2
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Too bad you weren't close by. You offer me Pizza & beer and I'm sold. LOL. Good luck finding someone. BTW, in case you haven't already done so, you might want to try adn post in your regional section of the forum. You'll get people closer to you that'll see your post.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:17 PM
Bill Curlee
Tech Contributor

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,180 Likes on 1,583 Posts
CI 6,7,8,9,11 Vet
St. Jude Donor '08

Chris

Man,,, My son got out of the Army a while ago and was stationed at Bliss. We use to visit there frequently. Wish I lived close enough to help. Done this job 4-5 times. What day do you plan to start the job??? Was just there in December.

I do have some important tips and recommendations.

-1 MAKE 100% sure that the head bolt holes in the BLOCK are 100% dry and free of water, dirt ect. There BLIND holes. If you leave moisture/water/dirt in the bolt holes, it will crack the block! I use an air chuck with a long aluminun tube that fits down to the bottom of the hole. You will be surprised at what comes out of those holes when you blast it with air!!

-Head bolts and the DAMPER BOLT are Torque to Yield (ONE TIME USE) bolts. I up graded to ARP head studs and an ARP damper bolt.

-Strongly recommend installing an aftermarket Damper I used the POWERBOND Damper. Make sure you install a new timing chain cover damper seal.

If i can help by answering questions, let me know..

Thanks for serving brother!!!

Bill C

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss area want to help do a head/cam swap

Quick Reply: Anyone in the El Paso/Ft. Bliss area want to help do a head/cam swap