C5 Tech Corvette Tech/Performance: LS1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Tech Topics, Basic Tech, Maintenance, How to Remove & Replace
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Code P0300 help

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 12:21 PM
topkart43
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code P0300 help

After further research I found a huge hole in the passenger side PVC line coming out of the throttle body.. Hopefuly this is the fix for it!!!

The other day I was driving and the car was running fine. After stopping to get gas I started the car back up and the check engine light started flashing at me with the code p0300 C. The car started to have a rough idle to it and seemed to be burning gas quickly and could get somewhat of a weird smell of gas as I limped it home. When I got home I saw that the code p0300 was an engine misfire. I went to start up the car again and the code was P0300 H C.

I had all the valves, springs and plugs replaced about 7 months ago after a valve spring broke. Every now and then if I sat at a stop light or in traffic for awhile I would hear a somewhat of a ticking noise coming from the drivers side of the engine but after I would start driving for a little bit the ticking noise would go away. I don't know if this ticking noise has anything to do with the code showing and the rough idle its producing.

Does anyone know what might be the cause for this code to be showing and how to possibly fix it?

Thank you

Last edited by topkart43; 07-12-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: UPDATE::
Old 07-12-2012, 12:47 PM
runner140*
Le Mans Master

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 282 Likes on 256 Posts

[QUOTE=topkart43;1581297118]The other day I was driving and the car was running fine. After stopping to get gas I started the car back up and the check engine light started flashing at me with the code p0300 C. The car started to have a rough idle to it and seemed to be burning gas quickly and could get somewhat of a weird smell of gas as I limped it home. When I got home I saw that the code p0300 was an engine misfire. I went to start up the car again and the code was P0300 H C.

I had all the valves, springs and plugs replaced about 7 months ago after a valve spring broke. Every now and then if I sat at a stop light or in traffic for awhile I would hear a somewhat of a ticking noise coming from the drivers side of the engine but after I would start driving for a little bit the ticking noise would go away. I don't know if this ticking noise has anything to do with the code showing and the rough idle its producing.

Does anyone know what might be the cause for this code to be showing and how to possibly fix it?

Thank you[/QUOTE
Start with the easy and cheapest first....run your engine in a dark garage and look for a spark gap from the plugs/wires/etc.

Quick Reply: Code P0300 help